Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 11:35:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Wheels within Wheels  (Read 2088 times)
CCV
Navigator

« on: June 25, 2017, 11:31:07 AM »

Wheels within Wheels

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=20409

One time I didn't save settings, as far as I can find. Sceptical
The basics I could tell you, but of important stuff - like Julie coordinates, Camera position, Folding Limits/Values etc. - I have no record.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 05:09:48 AM by CCV » Logged
Spain2points
Navigator

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 02:19:53 PM »

very nice indeed
paigan0
Fractal Lover

stephen.sink.9
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 11:16:23 PM »

Wow! Great stuff!

Stephen (Steve) Sink, Paigan Productions
(SoundCloud) http://soundcloud.com/stephen-sink-1
(3D Fractal Music Videos) http://vimeo.com/channels/fractals
CCV
Navigator

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 05:18:27 AM »

Thanks, people.  A Beer Cup

I just discovered, notifications of comments isn't working. huh? Sceptical
CCV
Navigator

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 05:42:49 AM »

As a matter of fact, the comments on pictures system seems broken in other respects too. There is supposedly a total of 6 comments on my pictures so far, but all the thumbnails show 0 - except for one, which I believe was my own comment.

Would be nice if I could find the comments a bit easier...
0Encrypted0
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 06:49:35 AM »

As a matter of fact, the comments on pictures system seems broken in other respects too. There is supposedly a total of 6 comments on my pictures so far, but all the thumbnails show 0 - except for one, which I believe was my own comment.

Would be nice if I could find the comments a bit easier...

CCV
Explorer

Total Pictures    4
Total Comments    6                                Topic comments
Total Views    1,023
Total Comments On Uploads    1                 Image gallery comments
Total Votes On Uploads    2

Thanks, people.  A Beer Cup

I just discovered, notifications of comments isn't working. huh? Sceptical

Under - Additional Options...

Check mark Notify me of replies.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 06:55:46 AM by 0Encrypted0 » Logged
CCV
Navigator

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 08:02:42 AM »

CCV
Explorer

Total Pictures    4
Total Comments    6                                Topic comments
Total Views    1,023
Total Comments On Uploads    1                 Image gallery comments
Total Votes On Uploads    2

Under - Additional Options...

Check mark Notify me of replies.

No, sorry, replies to about 50 Topics - as you might well imagine - are way more than 6! And, MYIMAGES Tab doesn't say the 6 Comments are related to Topics. They are, in fact, Comments on my images. I know, because I went back through Gallery posts and found them.
Notification of replies to Topics, and follow up replies, I'm getting ok, but this a different matter.

When I go to upload an image, "Notify me of comments" is checked by default. That's the bit that is not working. The only 1 comment happens to be my own.
Oh, and btw.. What happened to the voting arrangement?

* Comments.jpg (155.93 KB, 429x576 - viewed 100 times.)
0Encrypted0
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 08:50:09 AM »

My mistake. embarrass
Could it be that Total Comments refers to the number of comments you have made on other people's image uploads?

I am only seeing 4 images uploaded by you.

Replies to linked images in threads will not show up in this tally.

What settings do you have in your profile for notifications?

Not sure what you mean by voting arrangements?

* CCV images uploaded.png (103.2 KB, 1072x500 - viewed 113 times.)

* Profile settings.png (45.06 KB, 1300x241 - viewed 105 times.)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 09:54:31 AM »

My mistake. embarrass
Could it be that Total Comments refers to the number of comments you have made on other people's image uploads?

I am only seeing 4 images uploaded by you.

Replies to linked images in threads will not show up in this tally.

What settings do you have in your profile for notifications?

Not sure what you mean by voting arrangements?

This thread is in the Forum.

The Gallery is a separate entity.

The reply counts are not integrated.

We are lucky it can make threads here to give the illusion of integration, but the stats are completely separate.

As for the Gallery's "Rating" system - we turn that off during the Submission Period of our contests every year.

So nothing seems broken, it's just either modified temporarily or misunderstood.

Frankly, something *may* be broken, but even if it is - nothing will be done about it!  This forum is so old we will be opening a brand new and fully up to date version shortly after the contest!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:10:23 AM by Sockratease, Reason: Speelinf Eroorz » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
CCV
Navigator

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 01:03:35 PM »

Ah, ok.. My mistake this time - regarding the difference between the Gallery itself and the Manbulber Gallery forum board.
Yet, if I understand that matter correctly, then I have ask; How is that my pictures appear here, along with such comments as are made on them, without my getting notifications of said comments? I count about 6 comments on my own images here. Apart from that, I have no idea what "Total Comments   6" - especially seeing it displays only on MYIMAGES tab. I made 3 comments on other's works, since I haven't been able to rate them.

Since my images are posted on this Forum, which I didn't previously know ; Does that mean that I, in effect, started a Topic here?
If that's the case, then I suppose notifications aren't automatically enabled. I seem to remember they are not in any other topic I started.

There is one setting I think I'll turn on. Apart from that, this how my notifications settings are at present.

Any other suggestions? Thank you.

* Notifications.jpg (173.44 KB, 837x254 - viewed 99 times.)
CCV
Navigator

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 01:09:30 PM »

I have no idea what "Total Comments   6" - especially seeing it displays only on MYIMAGES tab. I made 3 comments on other's works, since I haven't been able to rate them.
Oh, wait... Now I remember I did make a previous comment or two. That would explain it.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 03:26:30 PM »

Ah, ok.. My mistake this time - regarding the difference between the Gallery itself and the Manbulber Gallery forum board.
Yet, if I understand that matter correctly, then I have ask; How is that my pictures appear here, along with such comments as are made on them, without my getting notifications of said comments? I count about 6 comments on my own images here. Apart from that, I have no idea what "Total Comments   6" - especially seeing it displays only on MYIMAGES tab. I made 3 comments on other's works, since I haven't been able to rate them.

Since my images are posted on this Forum, which I didn't previously know ; Does that mean that I, in effect, started a Topic here?
If that's the case, then I suppose notifications aren't automatically enabled. I seem to remember they are not in any other topic I started.

There is one setting I think I'll turn on. Apart from that, this how my notifications settings are at present.

Any other suggestions? Thank you.

Forum terminology is different than gallery terminology.

There are no "comments" in the forums at all - only "posts"

Just as in the gallery the only "posts" are images and the "comments" are what people say about the image - comments in the gallery are technically not posts.

It's all wacky...

Nobody is going to look into any of these problems since this forum is in it's last months and we will have a brand new forum with brand new problems to fix at that point!

Our energies are focused on the next iteration, not this one.

That's why this contest is Titled "The End Of An Era!"

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
0Encrypted0
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 06:13:58 PM »

My solution to keeping up with the forum is an RSS feed of the Home page.
Welcome to Fractal Forums

Some people upload images and choose to link to a board that is about the specific software used.
Some start threads directly and reference images via links to offsite storage or links to their User Gallery.

* Add picture.png (37.92 KB, 1645x614 - viewed 130 times.)

* Topic Replies.png (32.8 KB, 1697x554 - viewed 107 times.)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 11:47:36 PM »

Personally, I never use rss, unread posts since last visit, automated alerts, or any other notifications at all.

I use the "Recent Posts" pages - http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=recent

Link on home page at bottom.

You can see all the most recent posts in one place with that and not miss anything  (again - Gallery comments excluded because it's not technically the forum)  (but the gallery has a "recently commented" page, so it's just as easy).

CCV
Navigator

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2017, 04:30:24 AM »

Forum terminology is different than gallery terminology.

There are no "comments" in the forums at all - only "posts"

...we will have a brand new forum with brand new problems to fix at that point!
Yes, that's right, there are no "comments" in the forums at all - pardon my confusion, please. Technically, however, there are "Topics" and there are "replies". The term "Posts" (appearing only on Profile information, afaik) would appear to include topics started and replies made. Doesn't seem to include uploads to the Gallery, but my uploaded images are being posted on this board and in that way are included in Posts.

And, "...with brand new problems to fix..." sounds about right.  roll eyes  wink

Personally, I never use rss, unread posts since last visit, automated alerts, or any other notifications at all.
I do like to have email notifications of replies to both Topics started by me and any 'comments' made by me on my own or anyone else's topics. I can't see how I could follow, or follow up on, a specific discussion otherwise.

Some people upload images and choose to link to a board that is about the specific software used.
Some start threads directly and reference images via links to offsite storage or links to their User Gallery.
Well.. It happens that my image uploads are automatically linked to this board. That is, the "Mandelbulber Gallery" board, not the general "Manbelbulber" board - which is fine by me.
I didn't know that was happening, hence my confusion. As you rightly stated, it was a matter of misunderstanding.
The posting of my images here equates to creating a new Topic, and, iirc, in that situation "Notify me of replies." isn't checked by default.
Whatever the case, I have now switched my Notifications and Email settings to "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic." so that option should be enabled automatically from now on - thanks for pointing me in that direction!

OK.. It's all becoming clearer now. yay
Many thanks to all for your kind assistance!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: