Logo by stereoman - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 17, 2024, 01:21:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulber v2 - 2.10  (Read 8729 times)
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« on: February 22, 2017, 06:44:47 PM »

Mandelbulber v2 2.10

Free download (executables for win32 and win64): http://sourceforge.net/projects/mandelbulber/
https://github.com/buddhi1980/mandelbulber2

Together with zebastian, mclarekin, bermarte and mancoast we have finished new version of Mandelbulber.
Development of this release was focused on implementation of "Anim by Sound" functionality. There is possible to animate fractal parameters and effects using sound wave together with keyframe control.
Another interesting feature is direct export 3D mesh to *.ply file which can be imported in Blender.
Additionally there was a lot of actions to improve program stability and to implement many small improvements.

What is new?
v2.10
- AnimBySound: Added option to animate any parameter using sound wave (added "Anim By Sound" buttons in animation table)
- AnimBySound: Added dialog window to load and setup AnimBySound feature
- AnimBySound: Added views for waveform, fft and animation generated from sound
- AnimBySound: It is possible to load wav, ogg, flac (all operating systems) and mp3 (Linux only)
- AnimBySound: Added binary, decay and smooth filters for animation generated from sound
- AnimBySound: Added sound player
- Settings: added description field for fractal settings
- Settings: fixed bug: there was not possible to load settings saved with CR+LF line terminations
- Settings: material #1 was not saved properly to settings file when was previously loaded using "Load material..." option.
- Added new fractal formulas:
  * Menger - Prism Shape2
  * MixPinski 4D
  * Sierpinski 3D
  * Sierpinski 4D
  * Menger 4D
  * Menger 4D Mod1
  * Menger - Smooth
  * Menger - Smooth Mod1
  * Menger - Octo
  * Abox 4D
  * Transform - SurfBoxFold
  * Transform - Octo Fold
  * Transform - ScaleVaryVCL
  * Transform - Spherical_Fold_VaryVCL
  * Transform - Add exp2(z)
  * Transform - Reciprocal3
  * Transform - Reciprocal 4D
  * Transform - Rotated Folding
  * Transform - FabsAddConditional
  * Transform - Reciprocal 4D
  * Transform - FabsAddConditional 4D
  * Transform - Spherical_OffsetVCL
  * Transform - Rotation 4D
- Fractals: Various updates, fixes and enhancements to existing formulas and transforms
- Fractals: fixed bug: after swapping of formula slots, the Mandelbulb formula appeared on random slots.
- German translation for all formula UIs
- Shaders: in some cases there was wrong calculation of object colors in boolean mode
- Shaders: fixed bug in DOF algorithm which could cause crashes
- Animation: Improved gamepad integration for flight animations
- Animation: Added image with gamepad keymap (tooltip)
- Animation: there is displayed correct message when first frame was equal to last frame
- Animation: increased maximum value in frames per keyframe spinbox to 10000
- Animation: fixed bug: there was possible to get different interpolation type (random one) for each frame
- Animation: fixed bug: check for collision showed false messages even if errors were already corrected
- Materials/Animation: fixed bug: program crashed with animation, when there was an added parameter from material which was previously loaded using "Load material" button
- Materials/Animation: fixed bug: program crashed with animation, when there was an added parameter from material which was previously edited using dialog called by Edit Material button
- UI: Image quality settings added to file selector for images
- UI: Corrected resolution lock function
- UI: auto-refresh is now disabled when brightness, gamma, contrast or HDR is changed
- UI: added information in fractal formula information box about examples which use the formula
- UI: changed and added more keyboard shortcuts for camera navigation
- UI: fixed bug: When the group box of primitives was saved and then loaded the group was always enabled
- UI: when dark theme is used then text color in animation table is always black
- UI: added Dutch language
- UI: added options to store/restore different layouts (states) of docks
- UI: navigation dock is locked when flight is being recorded
- UI: fixed bug: When boolean mode was selected, the displayed DE type was displayed as "DE unknown"
- UI: fixed bug: Refreshing of DOF and image adjustments now is blocked during rendering of image
- Voxel export: added automatic calculation of bounding box
- Voxel export: Added ability to export 3D meshes in *.ply format
- General: changed data folder from .mandelbulber (hidden) to mandelbulber (not hidden)
- General: changed default folder for animation frames to ~/mandelbulber/animation
- General: fixed bug: Wrong file names when contained dot
- CLI: added stdin input for CLI arguments
- CLI: added --benchmark option which calculates total time needed to render all examples in low resolution
- Performance: fixed several memory leaks
- Performance: eliminated crash reason: added Added QMutexLocker() to all getters and setters for in cParameterContainer class.
- Performance: Animation player widget caused crashes when frames were deleted from image folder
- Documentation: Added help menu with user manual (beta version)
- Examples: Added many example settings with most of new formulas.
- Compilation: main window UI file divided onto several smaller UIs, this has improved compilation performance
- Compilation: used a lot of forward declarations to reduce compilation time
- Compilation: code is now fully compatible with msvc
- Compilation: created solution file for msvc14 with all needed NuGet packages
- Compilation: configured Appveyor to test msvc++ builds
- Compilation: a lot of cleaning up of the code
- Compilation: much improved populateUiInformation.php script
- Compilation: added export CXXFLAGS="-march=native to install script

As always every feedback is appreciated!

Source code repository (GIT, SVN) https://github.com/buddhi1980/mandelbulber2

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4YArbdU4dYU&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/4YArbdU4dYU&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

Snicker02
Alien

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 06:54:08 PM »

TOTALLY COOL!!!! cheesy  afro  cheesy
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 10:45:59 PM »

Mega yays to developers and especially Maclarekin!!! sweet music surprised

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 01:00:20 AM »

Thank you for your continued work and enthusiasm
Snicker02
Alien

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 01:30:59 AM »

Created with Mandelbubler .... sound synced fractal cheesy
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AEGJqsuTnBI&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/AEGJqsuTnBI&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
music used from http://ccmixter.org/files/sackjo22/21492
freakiebeat
Forums Freshman

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 01:22:44 AM »

Super stoked!! There goes any free time I thought I might have had.

A Flame A Day Keeps Psychosis Away - http://bit.ly/my247sheep
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 08:17:57 AM »

Here are some examples using Menger4D formula.

Note: These examples do not use the  Spherical Fold on the Menger4D UI, because it is broken, will be fixed later.

The Initial Value of z.w parameter is currently located in the fractal  - global parameters tab

* menger4.zip (10.61 KB - downloaded 102 times.)
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 12:26:53 AM »

Thanks for the effort guys. As usual, I'll start testing the new features with a little delay, but the audio animation will hopefully matter for the next movie. For now, Iam working out the a_surf hybrid, v2.09 refused to animate beyond the first frame. Works fine in v2.10 - intended or unintended. Keep it up!  A Beer Cup
Btw It seems Jos and knighty's kleinian toy didn't make it to the formula list or did I get something wrong?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 12:38:37 AM by taurus » Logged

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
mfg
Explorer

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 03:54:42 AM »

Hello mclarekin and colleagues,

Thank you for your reply.
I am trying to setup the new version but cannot meet qt dependencies. (kubuntu16.10)
Downloaded the file to prepare ubuntu for development, however I get the following error:

sudo sh ./prepare_for_dev_ubuntu.sh
./prepare_for_dev_ubuntu.sh: 8: ./prepare_for_dev_ubuntu.sh: Syntax error: newline unexpected

your help will be much appreciated,
mfg
Explorer

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 04:29:38 AM »

Installed the dependencies from the readme in deploy folder and this way met dependencies. So I have compiled ok!
mfg
Explorer

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 06:44:21 AM »

Yes, I can now save long filenames with dots in between. Good job!

Your work is extraordinary.
Stereo renderings are superb

congratulations!

* c2iE-1+2-3D(0;-.8,.2)(10;-17,4)2000x1125st.1fv.26cdt13.jpg (193.43 KB, 2000x1125 - viewed 265 times.)
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 08:12:05 AM »

It seems Jos and knighty's kleinian toy didn't make it to the formula list
@ taurus
I have yet to code it. Hopefully by  next release, it looks cool

So I have compiled ok!
@ mfg

cool  smiley
joe
Explorer

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2017, 05:09:27 AM »

Anim by sound. My prayers are answered again! My first music video thingy is on the way. The wave file interface is really quite sophisticated, I'm impressed. It only took a bit of tinkering to understand the different functions, it might help if the output graph showed the value of what was going into the parameter. Showing a value with mouse hover, and zoom in to wave and graph would make it really powerful for calibration.

I use Resolume Arena a lot, it has audio reactive control of parameters too. You can set a parameter to move relative or inverse to the audio band intensity, or you can set parameter to play through via intensity of sound. So when an audio band is louder, the parameter progresses faster. This works very well with loopable parameters like rotation, so the sound is driving the parameter round and round. At the moment I just use Resolume to audio-loop a video with one animated parameter and it is super effective. Being able to loop with many parameters would be next level trippy tho.

I am going to make a lot of music videos. This is going to be really fun.
Oh I got a GTX1070 for when gpu rendering comes along :-)
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2017, 07:56:21 AM »

@ Joe. Thanks for checking it out. BTW there is a new section in the  manual covering the basics of Anim by Audio, accessed through the Help menu.

The current layout, functionality and other enhancements are being evaluated, like an output graph showing the animVal (rather than having to estimate it in my head.)

So when an audio band is louder, the parameter progresses faster.

Yep, there are lots of different responses to the digital audio data to explore, it will be fun.
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2017, 12:17:20 PM »

Here is a zip of mainly prismshape2 examples from V2.10

* prismshape2.zip (40.94 KB - downloaded 113 times.)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: