Logo by Maya - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 10:12:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Better color/texture mapping options.  (Read 4745 times)
Weber
Conqueror

Just floating around

« on: February 20, 2016, 01:58:34 AM »

I would like to be able to have more control over texture mapping/wrapping than just *wrap1, *wrap2.  An much finer adjustment is needed along with the ability to input values to fine tune the placement.
Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 07:33:02 PM »

Even worse, I would like MB3D to read gradient files or if impossible its own filetype holding the info instead of having to manually change every single colour of the range...  And then of course I want to keep the current feature of moving sliders indpendently per colour without interfering with the others cheesy (Not too keen on maps as they are really not customizable enough for me)
Also, more custom light settings on the Lighting tab would be perfect.

sabine62.deviantart.com
MarkJayBee
Fractal Fertilizer

Markjaybee Fractal Mark_Jay_Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 04:35:04 PM »

I've been using diff maps extensively in my recent pieces, but find it almost impossible to get the map positioned
with any real accuracy. I use wrap2 as it seems the most accurate option. The X and Y sliders do offer some control,
but I wonder if the addition of a 'Z' axis slider would improve positioning control?
As you can see from the attached image, the map doesn't accurately conform to the long axis of this SphereHMVoid 'ship'.
Specifically; the 'bands' should follow the vertical axis.
As ever, I live in hope.... praying

* Ship HM example 2 sm.jpg (148.35 KB, 300x359 - viewed 331 times.)

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you ever tried in the first place.

http://markjaybeefractal.com/
http://mjb-graphics.co.uk/
http://deviantart.com/markjaybee/
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: