Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 09:58:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: A new class of bulb?  (Read 5681 times)
Description: see for yourself
Paolo Bonzini
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 02:52:37 PM »

I believe you can do the following: To rotate a point <Quoted Image Removed> by an angle <Quoted Image Removed> about an axis aligned with a vector <Quoted Image Removed> but passing through point <Quoted Image Removed>, first subtract <Quoted Image Removed> from your point <Quoted Image Removed> to move the axis so that it passes through the origin, then do the quaternion <Quoted Image Removed> step with <Quoted Image Removed> as usual, and then finally add <Quoted Image Removed> back in again to move everything back where it should be.

The one at http://www.fractalforums.com/theory/more-serendipity/ is done by computing the angle and axis that correspond to rotating on axis z by theta and on axis y by phi, and then keeping the same axis but n times the angle.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: