Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 12:23:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Kalles Fraktaler 2.8  (Read 11376 times)
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« on: May 24, 2015, 11:37:39 PM »

There has been a while since I made a new version.
I've played around with many things, hard to remember them all:
 - Enhanced zooming exploring experience. You've all seen this for decades in other Mandelbrot programs, now it is available also in KF. It is possible to turn this feature off though.
 - Animation of the Skew. There isn't really a good UI for this. The shortcut keys Ctrl+B toggles this function, and you can enter how many frames the skew will be set to the unskewed values.
 - Help lines in the skew dialog, with an attempt to make the perpendicular automatically.
 - Ability to move the view one screen left/right/up/down by holding the Control key together with arrow keys.
Also the Key Frame Movie Maker is updated to support making movies frame by frame to animate skew.

I might have forgot features and there may be bugs... But I hope you enjoy it smiley

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 12:24:12 PM »

nice!
especially the frame by frame movie maker update will be of great use!

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 01:08:03 PM »

Very interesting update, thanks for adding my request.  grin

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 10:12:16 PM »

One question. Now that you added the shift-screen feature was added the zoomsequence for x1 doesn't work anymore. Was this intended or is It a bug?

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
cytotox
Alien

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 12:20:24 PM »

Hi there

I just discoverd this fractal program (thanks to Christian mentioning it in the latest fractalforums news video). It's been quite a while for me zooming around in the mandelbrot set; I remember getting up in the middle of the night to check on the progress of my 386 processor PC running at 33 MHz (and heating up my room) calculating Fractint zooms into the elephant valley back in the late '80s ...

Anyway, I have two questions:

When the zoom-out sequence is stored together with the jpgs, I find that all the jpgs show the same image. Am I missing something or could this be a bug?

I have not been able to change the aspect ratio of either the window or the image (which is always 16:9); neither by using the "skew", the "set ratio" , the "set image size" nor the "set window size" commands. Is there a trick to accomplish this?

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 12:47:25 PM »

Hi there

I just discoverd this fractal program (thanks to Christian mentioning it in the latest fractalforums news video).   

thank you for mentioning it cheesy

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 01:37:04 PM »

I have not been able to change the aspect ratio of either the window or the image (which is always 16:9); neither by using the "skew", the "set ratio" , the "set image size" nor the "set window size" commands. Is there a trick to accomplish this?

Set ratio is a different way of skewwing and other ratios than 16:9 aren't available. If it is for just an image you can use the shifting feature and stitch the multiple images together to get different ratios.

youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 02:10:50 PM »

When the zoom-out sequence is stored together with the jpgs, I find that all the jpgs show the same image. Am I missing something or could this be a bug?

Yes, that's a bug. Workaround is to NOT minimize the window. For virtual multidesktop Linux environment, make sure the window is on the active desktop (or make it sticky).

The trick would be to crop the images afterwards. I don't think you can pick another image ratio.
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 09:25:23 PM »

I have already uploaded a bug-fix, version 2.8.1.
But the bug I solved was an old one, the rounding error that made it hard to zoom into hard skewed locations including rotation.

One question. Now that you added the shift-screen feature was added the zoomsequence for x1 doesn't work anymore. Was this intended or is It a bug?
I tested this and it worked for me.
Even better, I was able to, in KFMM, combine rotation with left scrolling, the result is really odd smiley

Hi there

I just discoverd this fractal program (thanks to Christian mentioning it in the latest fractalforums news video). It's been quite a while for me zooming around in the mandelbrot set; I remember getting up in the middle of the night to check on the progress of my 386 processor PC running at 33 MHz (and heating up my room) calculating Fractint zooms into the elephant valley back in the late '80s ...

Anyway, I have two questions:

Thanks, I am sorry that I haven't had time to fix these bugs.

Yes, that's a bug. Workaround is to NOT minimize the window. For virtual multidesktop Linux environment, make sure the window is on the active desktop (or make it sticky).

The trick would be to crop the images afterwards. I don't think you can pick another image ratio.
Thanks for this workaround.
I don't use the jpegs, I never store the sequence as jpeg. I removed it once, but re-added it by requests.
Color cycling and stuff is only possible on the KFB files that stores the iteration values.

thank you for mentioning it cheesy
Thank you Christian for mentioning KF in your news! smiley

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 11:01:49 AM »

For some reason the new 32bit moviemaker is unable to use 3840x2160 frames.

cytotox
Alien

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2015, 05:50:04 PM »

Thanks for your replies, Toofgib & youhn.

So, shifting the image is possible when setting the zoom ratio to 1 and then using the curser to generate an overlapping image. But the way you describe something like a "shifting feature" makes me wonder if there is a special function (e.g. a shortcut) to shift by exact one image size to the right or top (instead of shifting an arbitrary number of pixels, which makes stitching multiple images together really tricky) ...

And another question: is it correct that fractional zoom-levels can only be achieved by manually changing the numbers of the "Zoom" level in the "location" window?
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 08:08:36 PM »

So, shifting the image is possible when setting the zoom ratio to 1 and then using the curser to generate an overlapping image. But the way you describe something like a "shifting feature" makes me wonder if there is a special function (e.g. a shortcut) to shift by exact one image size to the right or top (instead of shifting an arbitrary number of pixels, which makes stitching multiple images together really tricky) ...

And another question: is it correct that fractional zoom-levels can only be achieved by manually changing the numbers of the "Zoom" level in the "location" window?

I know I can shift it that way and overlapping images are easy to combine but it would probably more acurate to let the program do that.

Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 02:54:21 PM »

Not me? sad wink

Hold Control and use the arrow key to move the view one screen at respective direction

No, you can click on the image to zoom into where you click.

For some reason the new 32bit moviemaker is unable to use 3840x2160 frames.
It should be able to use 3840x2160 frames, but not larger than that.
What value did you use for "Merge frame Count", that value must not be too large in the 32-bit version with such large images.
The problem is that 32-bit applications cannot allocate enough memory

youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2015, 03:18:46 PM »

Quote from: cytotox

Quote from: Kalles Fraktaler
No, you can click on the image to zoom into where you click.

I think cytotox means something else. Using the normal zoom methods, it's not possible to get a zoomlevel between for example 2 and 4. If you want to cut out a nice shape, you have no visual aid. Only way it to use the menu or CTRL-L and enter a value manually after guessing what it should be. Then the image gets rendered, not always what you hoped for. And hit CTRL-L, change value manual, and re-render. Hmm, again the guess was not a true hit ... next iteration.

This could be much easier if you could actually see the bounding box which is going to be the next image after zooming. Or maybe add a function that allows continuous zooming while holding down a mouse button of the current image, which is rerendered after releasing the mouse button. Nice example on zoom methods are Xaos (whowho, realtime continuous zooming!) or MandelMachine and MDZ (good for playing with the bounding box before the actual zooming).
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2015, 03:32:31 PM »

It should be able to use 3840x2160 frames, but not larger than that.
What value did you use for "Merge frame Count", that value must not be too large in the 32-bit version with such large images.
The problem is that 32-bit applications cannot allocate enough memory

The last time I tried on 5 and even on 2 but both crashed. I used 3840x2160 because I wanted to experiment with scrolling with rotation.  smiley
Btw about what I said about the overlap in the pm I sent. I'm not sure if I need it but at this moment I have not found any program that supports images without overlap and can have large output.

This could be much easier if you could actually see the bounding box which is going to be the next image after zooming. Or maybe add a function that allows continuous zooming while holding down a mouse button of the current image, which is rerendered after releasing the mouse button. Nice example on zoom methods are Xaos (whowho, realtime continuous zooming!) or MandelMachine and MDZ (good for playing with the bounding box before the actual zooming).
Continuous zooming would be nice.  smiley

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 03:45:06 PM by Toofgib » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: