Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 01:51:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Kalles Fraktaler 2.7  (Read 33207 times)
stardust4ever
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2014, 02:03:19 PM »

Sure, here's the entire fractal. Doesn't look much different from HPDZ's at this scale.

Polynomial fractals will definitely benefit from initializing z at the critical point(s). If you saw minis in this person's images, then they must have also been starting at the critical point(s).

An interesting thing with mixed-order polynomials of degree greater than 2 is that they can have multiple critical points, and then if you choose just one as the starting value of z, you will typically get a different fractal set for each critical point. You can overlay these sets on top of each other with some blending function, or you can take the intersection of all of the "critical sets", which gives the Julia connectedness map for that function, or you can take the union of all the sets, which results in the "at least a subset of the Julia set is connected" map.
Just in the small render I can see differences. Notably the needle does not disintegrate into cantor dust and minis are visible in the northern regions.

And yes, the polynomial stuff were the UF5 plugins I was referring to. Bunches of overlays and junk that occasionally didn't play well with my basic license (there are multiple tiers - pay more money for more features such as layers or animation - something that put me off besides the fact there was no 64-bit build planned and deep zoom was slower than molasses in a Montana January).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 02:08:34 PM by stardust4ever » Logged
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2014, 03:13:12 PM »

I just added version 2.7.1 with some additional fractals.
I also uploaded the updated source.

Have a nice weekend smiley

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
stardust4ever
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2014, 03:17:34 PM »

2.7.1 - I tried rendering a zoom I made into the Cubic Quasi Burning ship. About 1.34E67 depth. Max iterations needs to be at least 15000. Keeps defaulting to 1000 and rendering black frames. cry
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2014, 04:13:40 PM »

Can you send me the location?

If you un-check the menu option Action->Special->Use auto iterations KF should not change the max iteration automatically (hopefully...)

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
SeryZone
Strange Attractor

Contemplate...

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2014, 04:11:19 PM »

Karl, what about settings file?
Like a:
Settings.INI:
UseAutoIterations=0
AutoSolveGlitches=1
MaxIterDefault=1000
DefaultFractalType=1 //Mandelbrot

And other calculation default settings. Can you do this? Maybe, program will be more comfortable in using!

youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2014, 04:45:04 PM »

Very good idea! I vote for the settings file!  O K !!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: