Logo by Sockratease - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 07:25:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: background image  (Read 4447 times)
Description: background image does not appear
irina_escoffery@yahoo.com
Forums Newbie

« on: April 06, 2014, 02:44:51 AM »

Hi. I started to learn Mandelbulb by watching and reading  tutorials. I  tied to download the background image but it doesn't appear. I read on the forum that ambient light and fog  can interfere with the image, so i zeroed them but still don't have any background to appear. Please, tell me what do I do wrong. I have my background images in jpeg. and bmp format. Please, help. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you all.
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 09:22:45 AM »

Wrong section of the site.  I'm sure a moderator will move it to somewhere more pertinent.

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 10:09:46 PM »

Hi. I started to learn Mandelbulb by watching and reading  tutorials. I  tied to download the background image but it doesn't appear. I read on the forum that ambient light and fog  can interfere with the image, so i zeroed them but still don't have any background to appear. Please, tell me what do I do wrong. I have my background images in jpeg. and bmp format. Please, help. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you all.

Hello and welcome to the forums   afro

If I recall correctly, the background image must be in the same folder set in the ini directories tab.

Yes, you can browse outside that folder when loading the image, but it will fail to appear if chosen from elsewhere.

Either move/copy the image you want into the default folder, or set the folder it is in to default.

EDIT:
I just tested to be sure it works, and yes - the image must be in the default folder

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
IAmThatStrange
Forums Newbie

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 08:57:16 PM »

Also the name of the image is important.  I haven't tested it enough to give you exact specifications but....

1.  No spaces in the name (probably no dashes or underscores either but I don't know for sure)
2.  Don't have it much more than 12 characters.

You can play with it to narrow down what it will or won't allow but it would not take 3072-by-2304-dark-blue-gradient.jpg but did take 3072b2304dB.jpg - this was the same file I renamed to get it to take it.

All that you touch you change. All that you change changes you. The only lasting truth is change.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: