Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 06:47:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Kalles Fraktaler 2  (Read 107143 times)
ellarien
Conqueror

I like flowers

« Reply #390 on: May 24, 2014, 07:29:55 PM »

Something is definitely odd about the color tables and the movie rendering. After saving a lot of burning ship zoom sequences I've just started rendering one, and it's coming out with completely different colors from the ones in the saved jpegs. I'm using the 1.21 version of the movie maker -- should I have updated that too?

Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #391 on: May 24, 2014, 09:21:14 PM »

@ellarien, 1.21 is the latest version. I will need to render a sequence to see if the palette doesn't work... smiley
Edit: Color offset is not read by kfmm. Also color cycling, number of colors, color division and color waves can be changed in kfmm, it may be this that differs?

@laser blaster, Changing the window size only affects the render if the new size is larger than the background memory image. I haven't done that much though so I haven't tested that. If it crashes the program I didn't know, it's easy to fix though.
And unfortunately I haven't render with together with storing jpeg either. I think there is a problem with that, memory leakage perhaps, I need to investigate that.
Edit: Even though the jpegs comes out as black, due to this memory leak, the kfb files are usually ok and you can view them in the movie maker.

I never stor jpegs anymore, and I use the kfmm program to check the result, by entering the frame number and click the test button...

ratcat65 - yes you are right, I have forgot to implement that in kfmm. Will do that smiley
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 09:39:31 PM by Kalles Fraktaler, Reason: Additions » Logged

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
laser blaster
Iterator

« Reply #392 on: May 24, 2014, 09:48:58 PM »

Wait, there is a different way to render than to store zoom-out images? I just want to be able to resume the rendering from where I left off and then put together a zoom movie. I could manually enter the coordinates for the next frame and start a new zoom sequence, but then will I be able to combine it with the previously rendered frames to make a full zoom video?  huh?
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #393 on: May 24, 2014, 10:04:21 PM »

Wait, there is a different way to render than to store zoom-out images? I just want to be able to resume the rendering from where I left off and then put together a zoom movie. I could manually enter the coordinates for the next frame and start a new zoom sequence, but then will I be able to combine it with the previously rendered frames to make a full zoom video?  huh?
Yes, if you enter the coordinates manually you can start a new sequence with the menu "Store zoom-out images" (instead of Resume...)
The existing kfb files will be detected and the file number will be increased.
But make sure you set the zoom value with many decimals (more than 4) so that there wont be any visible joints

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
ellarien
Conqueror

I like flowers

« Reply #394 on: May 24, 2014, 10:26:31 PM »

@ellarien, 1.21 is the latest version. I will need to render a sequence to see if the palette doesn't work... smiley
Edit: Color offset is not read by kfmm. Also color cycling, number of colors, color division and color waves can be changed in kfmm, it may be this that differs?

I wasn't doing anything fancy with the colors in kfmm, but there may have been an offset. I guess that would explain it. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 07:21:36 PM by ellarien, Reason: Moved my reply out of the quote box. » Logged
ellarien
Conqueror

I like flowers

« Reply #395 on: May 26, 2014, 10:34:04 PM »

I posted some images on Flickr.

I'm rather intrigued by these things, south of the Western Antenna -- as far as I can tell one could zoom in indefinitely and never find a miniset, but I could be wrong.

may24_04 by ellarien, on Flickr
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #396 on: May 27, 2014, 09:28:52 AM »

I posted some images on Flickr.

I'm rather intrigued by these things, south of the Western Antenna -- as far as I can tell one could zoom in indefinitely and never find a miniset, but I could be wrong.

<Quoted Image Removed>may24_04 by ellarien, on Flickr
Thanks a lot for these.
I am not quite familiar with the Burning Ship yet, so I am making nice discoveries. I agree it is fascinating, so very different compared with ordinary Mandelbrot.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2p6FB4eHzyM&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/2p6FB4eHzyM&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

SeryZone
Strange Attractor

Contemplate...

« Reply #397 on: May 31, 2014, 12:01:42 PM »

Whohoo! Reference generates about 28 seconds on e9000! Cool!

kjknohw
Explorer

« Reply #398 on: May 31, 2014, 02:30:52 PM »

I have seen similar "sterile regions" in other fractals that have "reflecting" aspects in their formula (such as abs(real)), or branch points. It's like they get "cut off". Are they truly sterile or is there a mini miniset somewhere?
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #399 on: May 31, 2014, 02:52:49 PM »

I think no one ever found one in that region. I also took the challenge a few times but without succes.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 02:57:52 PM by Dinkydau » Logged

ellarien
Conqueror

I like flowers

« Reply #400 on: June 01, 2014, 12:49:21 AM »

I suppose a really tiny miniset is possible. Even north of the antenna they can be elusive -- I've just done a zoom sequence where about halfway down it passes through an 'island' that is about four pixels on an otherwise bland frame, and I'm working on one now where I got down to e200 before I found anything that didn't end up centered on a void after a few zooms. South of the antenna, though, I can't see where a miniset would be hiding at all.
youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #401 on: June 01, 2014, 02:01:26 AM »

I found out that the burning ship is very sensitive to the color density (divide iteration in Kalles Fraktaler). For zoom(in/out) vids for burning ship, we need an automatic adjustment or another color method altogether.
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #402 on: June 01, 2014, 03:08:37 AM »

For some reason coordinates from the burning ship in fractal extreme do not work in kalles fraktaler.
The whole thing looks mirrored, so I flipped the sign, but there's apparently something else going on. Which program does the correct calculations?

panzerboy
Fractal Lover

« Reply #403 on: June 01, 2014, 03:38:05 AM »

From memory I flipped the coordinates for FX's burning ship, to make it look like examples I'd seen online.
Just checked the code... yep coordinates are flipped by subtracting the real and imaginaries eg.
Code:
case FT_BurningShip:
for (/**/; count < MaxIters && zrsqr + zisqr < OverFlowPoint; count++)
{
zi = abs(zr * zi) * 2.0 - JuliaI;
zr = zrsqr - zisqr - JuliaR;
zisqr = zi * zi;
zrsqr = zr * zr;
}
break;
I've tried out a location, if you negate both real and imaginary values from Fractal Extreme it looks right in Kalles Fraktaler.
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #404 on: June 01, 2014, 04:29:40 AM »

Oh, so you still have to invert the imaginary part as well. Compared to your fractal extreme plugin, it looks only to be flipped horizontally.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: