Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 02:21:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Introduction Heneganj  (Read 2461 times)
heneganj
« on: September 29, 2006, 12:31:49 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm Jase, the site's creator, here is a little about myself.

I am married with two daughters and I am a software developer by trade - I have been developing software professionally for over 10 years now.

I have a fascination with Fractals - how exactly do you describe 'infinitely complex' to someone?  Seeing and exploring fractals such as the classic Mandelbrot set is fascinating stuff - and it sucks you in and gets you hooked.  I can't say that I'm good at Maths, although I do like applying mathematics to solve problems. 

My passion on this site is to bring people together to share views; ideas and experiences.  It would be fantastic if someday a groundbreaking fractal discovery was made on this site.  Until then I hope that all FractalForum.com site users interact and have fun and really gain something from the site.  So far I have found a few very talented individuals who also care passionately about sharing knowledge and am enthused that we can get a good community established here.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 11:00:15 PM by heneganj » Logged
011art
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 12:38:34 AM »

Great idea "Fractal Forums".

All the best!
Romantha
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 06:56:53 AM »

Great idea "Fractal Forums".

All the best!

It is good to see the birth of a site that covers the fractal world, hopefully above and beyond just the art we see posted about here and there.  Thanks for taking the effort to start this up and I for one am looking forward to a lot of activity here!
heneganj
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 09:57:08 AM »

Excellent! Spread the word and we will grow.
peapodgrrl
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 10:04:08 PM »

Hi Jase,

So nice to "meet" you. Thanks for starting a real, honest to goodness fractal community. Best of luck to you, and thanks for inviting me. I look foward to seeing your work. smiley

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 08:52:12 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm Jase, the site's creator.....
    I have a fascination with Fractals....   Seeing and
    exploring fractals such as the classic Mandelbrot set
    is fascinating stuff.....

What are ALL of the fractal generators that you have used ??

Which one have you used the most ??

How long have you been creating your own fractals ??

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:40:33 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

heneganj
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 10:52:43 PM »

Hi I've used Ultrafractal, Fractal Extreme and Chaospro are the main ones.. I remember ChaosPro back on the Amiga! I'm showing my age.  Also like many fractaleers I've written my own code to display fractals - one crazy example was on a BBC micro with 16 colour screens, it took a day to render the mandelbrot set!

I have tried to grapple with FractInt on a 386?486? back in the days too, but the lack of a decent graphics card stopped me going any further with that one.

Fractal Extreme is possibly my favourite at the moment because I am trying to put together some zoom animations for a DVD.  Why didn't anyone before ever think of the clever way FX does its zooms?   Yes I know FX is very very simple compared to Ultrafractal etc but there's a saying which sums up my appreciation of it - "it just gets the job done"!

Jules Ruis
Fractal Lover

Jules Ruis

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 11:03:01 PM »

I use the Fractal Imaginator (Fi) because that is the only one suitable for Science Research.

It was specially programmed by Terry W. Gintz, including features in QuasZ.

Jules J.C.M. Ruis
www.fractal.org
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 09:59:35 AM »

I'm showing my age.

You cannot be that old.  I imagine that you were probably born around 1973.  I, on the otherhand, had already graduated from college, getting married, and a son on the way.

Also like many fractaleers I've written my own code to display
    fractals - one crazy example was on a BBC micro with 16 colour
    screens, it took a day to render the mandelbrot set!

What languages have used for your own fractal generators ??

Fractal Extreme is possibly my favourite at the moment....
    .... - "it just gets the job done"!

Yes, it has been one of the better applications for exploring and creating animations.  I have seen many fantastic zooms that people have made using this program.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:37:27 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

heneganj
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 01:35:02 PM »

I used 'C' and various flavours of Basic.  Although I'd be tempted to say if you really want to push the speed envelope you need to be programming the FPU directly.

I would look forward to GPU power being put to rendering fractal use.  On a related topic, the Folding group at Stanford has just released GPU clients for their protein folding software (which is heavy on matrix calculations) so it would just take an entrepreneureal fellow to build a Mandelbrot for GPU application.  Hey you might even be able to get real time zooming especially if combined with the algorithm Fractal Extreme uses.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: