Logo by dainbramage - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 01:59:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hello and introduction  (Read 3833 times)
doncasteel8587
« on: October 10, 2006, 12:30:57 PM »

My name in Don

I live in the US, Gadsden-Alabama.

I'm 45 years old, and have been designing fractals for many years now, and my fascination grows deeper and deeper as I learn more about them. I have used most of the freeware applications out there, and even a couple of the low priced commercial apps. My favorite 2D app is Fractorama, for 3D I had a lot of fun with Quat.

Some of my best 3D work was created by writing my own Mel scripts for Maya.

For the last couple of years Ive been really enjoying Apophysis and have contributed many designs to the ElectricSheep project.

I enjoy IFS fractals very much, and being an amateur programmer, I set out about a year ago to write my own 3D IFS application with a unique twist. Written entirely in Java3D I now have a crude-but-working true volumetric fractal raytracer. I say unique because Im raytracing fractals as a density field. There is no surface, no marching cube or triangulation process, the rays are influenced by the density field as they pass through, refracting and picking up color as they go.

I have a gallery on Deviant art at http://casteeld.deviantart.com/gallery/ and hope to post some of my work here.
heneganj
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 12:43:23 PM »

Welcome to the forums Don!  You are not the only Deviantartist on this board - you'll find some others lurking here!

This is possibly my favourite image in your gallery:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/40605226/?&q=by%3Acasteeld&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps

Can't decide if it more resembles a mountain range, cloud or nebula  smiley
doncasteel8587
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 01:59:09 PM »

Thanks,

That's my favorite as well, and it's my curent desktop wallpaper
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: