Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 19, 2024, 07:54:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Why my last images were not approved ?  (Read 5588 times)
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« on: February 19, 2012, 07:42:37 PM »

I am not complaining but i want know why, also to avoid to do similar errors (if i did something wrong ) in the future

please let me know the reason !
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 07:54:15 PM »

3per day, but i am unsure in this special case cause i am not approving... so lets wait some minutes for the answert

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 08:09:46 PM »

sad We are in different time zone !
Maybe in the US or where you live is still yesterday but when i submitted here was already the day after
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 08:12:55 PM by PhotoComix » Logged
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 08:38:08 PM »

sad We are in different time zone !
Maybe in the US or where you live is still yesterday but when i submitted here was already the day after

As Christian said, he is not doing the approving of images.  So please don't misinterpret what he said.  It was a possibility with the disclaimer to wait for those who do the image approving to post.

And I repeat it because I am not one of those who approve the images either.

Remember:  This is not an image hosting site that also offers a discussion forum, it is a discussion forum that also offers an image gallery.

The Gallery is not, never has been, and never will be, our top priority.  It is important, and we try to help people with it, but it is not out primary focus.

Please be patient and one of the Gallery Admins should reply when they see this.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 08:59:17 PM »

really is not a problem now that i know what went wrong.

as suggestion maybe is possible change the limit of " Max 3 images each day" with "max 3 images every 24 hours"
Because the "day" is a variable (depend from the time zone) but 24h is not a variable.

Anyway for me is solved i wanted only know the reason not complain wink
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 09:17:56 PM »

Please don't start this discussion again!  praying
3 per day was a quite polite compromise. there were much more restrictive suggestions.

take it as is!

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 10:13:35 PM »

@PhotoComix, FYI I have approved 3 images of yours a few hours ago. Due to time zones and so on, let's say it "approximately 3 per day" grin

Actually one of the reasons for the discussions about reducing the number of images per week is the fact that we see too many similar images. It's a tough discussion, but the 3 images you just posted are an example of not optimal practice in my opinion. This is basically the same fractal with a slightly different point of view and coloring. Why haven't you chosen you favorite?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 10:22:52 PM by bib » Logged

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 10:31:22 PM »

right, some people tend to upload massive bunches of basically the same images...

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 11:10:32 AM »

It's a tough discussion, but the 3 images you just posted are an example of not optimal practice in my opinion. This is basically the same fractal with a slightly different point of view and coloring. Why haven't you chosen you favorite?

Because i am still very interested to see the sometimes dramatic difference that different light and colors may do...but i accept your point i would remove 2 and post them (hotlinking from my DA gallery so would be not bandwidth  usproblem ) reply to the first one

PS ehm even worse all 3 were done using the same map but with a slightly different offset
But i was surprised too see what big difference (big only to my eyes maybe ) may do a little offset in the map.

Again i accept your point everything fine for me now
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 11:15:50 AM »

Thanks. No worries. What you can do also is to combine for example 4 images into a single image, I mean 4 quadrants. The effect can be nice.

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: