Logo by reallybigname - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 01:16:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: fractals r us  (Read 7213 times)
woodlands
« on: October 07, 2006, 07:32:33 PM »

i must be among some cool people if they like fractals as much as i do.  i played with them back in the 80s as i programmed a 386 to draw the mandelbrot...nothing like getting a coprocessor to be a happy camper! then fractint came in and i sadly lost all desire to pound my head programming and just used the great tool they have to explore.  but unfortunately, i lost two of my favorite permutations i created...1st was one that brought two mandelbrots together - as the offset between them decreased, the image grew more and more complex, and you could see effects between them...warping and such, but still the essential mandelbrot emerged.  pretty cool in relation to how to living things might relate.

second program created an arbitrary 3rd dimension and math, and the result ended up being true 3d landscapes that looked like islands, complete with beaches and mountains. 

wish i could play more with this, but if anyone else has the head for programming, let me guide you in how i did it and maybe we can go exploring again!

all best
John
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 08:19:47 PM »

i must be among some cool people if they like fractals as much as i do.  i played with them back in the 80s as i programmed
    a 386 to draw the mandelbrot... nothing like getting a coprocessor to be a happy camper!  then FractInt came in and i sadly
    lost all desire to pound my head programming and just used the great tool they have to explore.
    ....if anyone else has the head for programming, let me guide you in how i did it and maybe we can go exploring again!

Hey there, John !!  Always glad to see another "old-timer" still getting around using fractals and checking out new groups.

We have been discussing about having a more prominent area in this group for those of us that do programming.  Most of the other older established fractal programming Lists and Groups have either died off, contain nothing but SPAM, or are not actively discussing anything.

FractDev (the List for FractInt development) was fairly active up until June of this year, but pretty much stopped for now (hopefully it will pick up again soon).

Looking forward to your involvement and what you have to offer this group.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 08:05:07 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

heneganj
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 10:55:39 PM »

Welcome to the forums John!

Glad to see people bumping into each other again!  smiley
alan2here
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 03:53:14 PM »

Welcome
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: