Logo by kr0mat1k - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2024, 01:14:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Where do You get music for fractal video - ?  (Read 7105 times)
Description: Free resources to listen and download specific music needed.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 10:42:15 PM »

perfect, thank you for that, and now i have the third news for a new "better" chaosTV news issue cheesy stay alert!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 10:43:53 PM »

Coooool! You must have had a copy of Arrien Zinghini. Noone else had a Copy of this piece without Intro and Outro. But don't bother, I published under a CC License just because I waned it to be shared and you respected the license mostly.
On the other Hand we need to stay true. Jesse's mandelbulb 3d deserves a lot of Credits, but not in that case. The whole animation was developped and rendered in mandelbulber http://www.mandelbulber.com/. I would like it, when you let your viewers know... grin
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 10:46:13 PM by taurus66 » Logged

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
robertinventor
Forums Freshman

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 10:45:32 PM »

Yes, it can do that, the default is to send the notes via midi and that's how I did all the tunes for the videos. So sounds like you should be able to use it with Supercollider.

It can also export the music as midi files, so you can use direct conversion of the midi to audio.

It doesn't have any support for Osc yet.

Any more questions be sure to say smiley. Thanks!

I have only just read this post and am about to investigate your fractal music maker. I am a music producer and have been creating algorithmically composed music using the program Supercollider. This software is code based and it is capable of transmitting midi data to another program (Logic pro for example.) Is your software able to do this, or maybe it is configurable to transmit its data via OSC protocol rather than produce the music itself. If so this is fantastic as I would be able to synthesise my own sounds to be sequenced by your software. I realise these questions are probably premature as I have't actually checked out your software as yet, but will go do so right now.
robertinventor
Forums Freshman

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 10:51:04 PM »

Hello! Thanks, I've had a look at the thread, and I don't know an escape time formula for Lissajous 3D curves as I just used the method of multiple interacting sine waves one for each axis similar to the way they are created on an oscilloscope. (or sometimes more than one if you want e.g. spirograph effects).

So, not sure that there is much I can say. But I can do an introduction post as you suggest, and if you want to discuss more we can do it there. And, thanks for your interest in Tune Smithy smiley.

Hello and welcome to the forums!

I found your website a while ago trying to get info for a personal quest of mine, but don't want to sidetrack this thread.  It was to do with one of the other programs on your site - the 3D Lissajuous Curve Generator  afro  (Everybody who knows me knows why I wanted information on this!)

Maybe we can discuss it if you make an introduction thread, or someplace else.  Or if you like, the question is here:  http://www.fractalforums.com/mandelbulb-3d/re-custom-formulas-and-transforms-release/msg33137/#msg33137  I am unable to answer it sufficiently for the purpose   angry

OK, back on topic; this sort of toy is just the thing for my fractal video music needs!  I make some pretty crazy music using silly techniques.  I'd like to add Tune Smithy to my arsenal.

Thanks for posting, and enjoy the forums.

robertinventor
Forums Freshman

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2013, 11:01:56 PM »

Yes do go ahead and give it a go.

I don't know if it does or not, and if you like to give it a go, will be really interested likewise to hear how it turns out. This is the first time I've  heard of wineskin.

I've known users who were able to run it successfully on Linux under Wine so you have a chance of getting it to work.  If it crashes then with a bit of luck it might generate a detailed bug report which I can use to help fix the crash or if anything else happens not quite right also do let me know.

I also have had a few users use it on a Mac with Virtual PC long ago but tended to be slow (though that was some years ago probably different now). That shouldn't be an issue with Wine though, if you get it to run smiley.

So anyway yes, it will be great to see what happens, thanks!

This looks like a hefty piece of software with pretty vast capabilities, unfortunately I am a Mac user and I couldn't find a mac version. Are you aware if it works with a Wineskin wrapper? I will download the demo and test this myself and repost here (if i manage to get it working would you like me to send a copy of the wrapped demo to you for your own distribution? I know plenty of mac users, including my university lecturers, who would be very interested in having a fully working copy of this useable on mac) Sorry about the babbling, just rather excited to see what this can do.  
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 12:07:19 AM by robertinventor » Logged
Apophyster
Conqueror

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 03:59:46 AM »

I did a midi piece with a program called "Musinum" four or five years ago.  I thought the program had potential but the latest version I find is from 1999.  I didn't use the program much  after I did that one tune with it.  Mainly I was excited at the time that I was able to get a recognizable chord progression out of the program.  (It wasn't easy!)  Some more info is here:

http://www.fractalforums.com/fractal-music/animation-with-midi-tune/msg57691/#msg57691

Rice, wheat and corn make the world go round.
Love and money are just passengers.
Friendliness is the destination.
robertinventor
Forums Freshman

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 05:38:10 AM »

Yes, that's interesting smiley Thanks. The chords make quite a difference, I've heard  other Musicnum tunes somewhere before. Likewise, it was a nice breakthrough when I figured out how to do chord progressions in Tune Smithy smiley.

I came across Musicnum but haven't done anything with it myself, which doesn't mean much as I've put all my efforts into Tune Smithy. I've found the author's website here:
http://reglos.de/musinum/
and he is obviously active in his research and other areas but not taken the program further.

Programming does take masses of time, especially to get it polished and deal with glitches, so it's no surprise if people give up on it. It's only through a combination of various chances and factors that I ended up spending so much time on writing Tune Smithy and it is the result of years of full time programming time. And it is by no means perfect smiley. I hope to do a new version some time as you see from the website - but whether I'll be able to do it this year - or more likely maybe next year, keep thinking, maybe this year I'll be able to get on with it again smiley. All my programming at the moment is taken up by another program Bounce Metronome, a software metronome for musicians that does complex rhythms. But when I do eventually update FTS supposing I can, then (after probably a lot of extra work to integrate them with the fractal tunes) will have all these new rhythms features available for it, that I developed for Bounce.

BTW seems Lars Kindermann has to do with this live feed from beneath the ice in the Antarctica smiley

Listen to the mysterious singing icebergs of Antarctica smiley (under the sounds of ice section), no-one knows how they make the sound.

BTW I found that iTunes could play the live feed, though Media Player couldn't
http://www.awi.de/en/news/background/palaoa_what_does_the_southern_ocean_sound_like/

I did a midi piece with a program called "Musinum" four or five years ago.  I thought the program had potential but the latest version I find is from 1999.  I didn't use the program much  after I did that one tune with it.  Mainly I was excited at the time that I was able to get a recognizable chord progression out of the program.  (It wasn't easy!)  Some more info is here:

http://www.fractalforums.com/fractal-music/animation-with-midi-tune/msg57691/#msg57691

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 05:42:59 AM by robertinventor » Logged
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 10:03:42 AM »

This may be worth looking at.  I dont know about this site exactly but ccmixter is a site where songwriters and musicians can download and add instruments to other peoples music. The A Cappella section has completed songs i think.
The following is the advert for their digccmixter section.

Looking for Music?
 Looking for music for a video, school project, game you’re developing, podcast or just for listening in your cubicle or mobile music device?

Find exactly the music you’re looking for - podsafe, liberally licensed - using dig.ccMixter Music Discovery tool.

Find out why one out of six uploads to ccMixter are used in a YouTube(tm) video, flickr moving image, podcast, compilation album and thousands of other places all over the web.

Start digging at dig.ccMixter
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 07:23:08 PM »

Actualy you can do certain tricks with audacity. Increase tempo of track by some 5% without increasing pitch, and youtube woun't recognise the track. I never used this for any sort of comercial compositions, becouse that would be unethical, and if the artist are least known then I put all the links possible.

But many of the ethnical / folck music is pretty much public domain. But then increasing the speed of composition will make youtube not to recognise it as such. Alsou many real folk is slow if compared with music of fast modern life.
Such as this http://files.realmusic.ru/download/968930/obamama_-_Chermen.mp3

Wikimedia have pretty cool piece of fractal music. Themself no so very musical, but in audacity I created fractal bass by removing all high pich sounds and noises and somewhat lowering track pitch. You can hear it in previous track (ethno alsou don't have basses).
http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File%3AFractal_Study_-1.ogg
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 07:49:08 PM by Alef » Logged

fractal catalisator
robertinventor
Forums Freshman

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 10:09:07 PM »

Just to say the audio recordings I used in the video from Tune Smithy is released under the CC by license. I have just put up a new section on the audio recordings page on bouncemetronome.com clarifying this.

Realised from these posts, that many of you will want an audio file you can just use as it is right away, no need to convert midi to audio or anything. If you use one of the renderings I did myself, that's fine, just need to attribute it to me.

I've uploaded some of the audio recordings here:
Audio clips of Tune Smithy Tunes
which is also where you can find the license for the tunes.

I have many more recordings on my hard disk which I can upload and would be delighted if anyone wants to use any of them with your brilliant 3D fractal videos here smiley.

If you do your own rendering to audio of the Tune Smithy demo tunes that come with the program, including commercial use, no attribution is needed.

I'll be doing new tunes myself, and mixing some more audio with creative commons fractals at some point, though I've been caught up with a lot of programming recently and so that's why I've not done any more yet.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:12:01 PM by robertinventor » Logged
robertinventor
Forums Freshman

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2013, 06:25:35 PM »

Just to say - I've managed, with some help, to set up a Linux virtual machine with Wine on my computer (using VirtualBox and KSStudio for the distribution) and am in the process of making Bounce Metronome compatible with Wine. Found one bug and fixed it, and some minor issues also fixed, and it seems to be working fine. So will also be testing and debugging FTS 3 on Wine too once I've got it sorted out for Bounce, probably some time next week. That might well help with the idea of making a wineskin for it.

More later,

Robert

This looks like a hefty piece of software with pretty vast capabilities, unfortunately I am a Mac user and I couldn't find a mac version. Are you aware if it works with a Wineskin wrapper? I will download the demo and test this myself and repost here (if i manage to get it working would you like me to send a copy of the wrapped demo to you for your own distribution? I know plenty of mac users, including my university lecturers, who would be very interested in having a fully working copy of this useable on mac) Sorry about the babbling, just rather excited to see what this can do. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: