Logo by Sockratease - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 11:29:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Suggestions for M3d  (Read 5635 times)
Description: suggestions/requests for Jesse's gobsmackingly awesome M3d
Rathinagiri
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 05:15:40 PM »

I don't know whether this feature is already available or not:

Saving the rendered images automatically once rendering is over. I have recently lost an image rendered for 6 hours because of a computer power crash sad
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 06:10:13 PM »

Most of the formulas have interesting j seeds at a given distance from the origin... yes spherical coords would be useful smiley

Spherical coords for...?

And never tried to see 1/distance as a option for escape? Selectable option togheter with inside renders smiley

For escaping the iteration loop?  You need to iterate until bailout on common R to get a valid DE, usually...
or do you mean to escape from raymarching?
Inside rendering is more or less done this way, i did: DE' = 2 * DEstop - DE
with low-val clamping to get the negative DE, then inside becomes the outside with fixed stepping.

So the inside feature might be already what you got in mind?  Only that 1/distance calculation for inside would
be not exact enough, i wouldn't even think about trying this in case of hybrids and so...
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 11:18:48 PM »

I meant spherical coords for julia seed input, but don't be mad about my foolings smiley

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 06:39:57 PM »

The voxel feature is so futuristic looking! grin great work

Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 03:34:55 AM »

Of course, would make sense in the navi - even with some lower calculation speed compared to GPU based renderers.
Put it on the list, dunno when the right time for it will be  horsie riding

Thanks for including my suggestion, it's even better than I expected! All the other features of the new version are great also, good work!

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 11:16:07 AM »

And of course, thanks for adding the spherical coords Julia; 5 persons on DeviantArt told me explicitly that the feature is great, so a lot of people like it. wink horsie riding Smiling Mandelbrot

Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, 06:38:53 PM »

Thanks for including my suggestion, it's even better than I expected! All the other features of the new version are great also, good work!

Thank you Kali, it is hard to believe how we could live without it all the time.  A Beer Cup
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 09:25:54 AM »

Some randomish ideas for dIFS baseshapes; create solids lathing a bitmap around z axis, good to create columns, glasses of water, vases, light bulbs or whatever wink

Ain't it cool? embarrass

Adding an offset we can also create toruses, and adding a spinning angle ... a Mobius strip shocked or a spring wink
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:28:10 AM by DarkBeam » Logged

Rama
Alien

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 04:47:18 PM »

Ok well !
Since the possibilities are infinite !
How about a global positionig system to navigate with.
I get lost all the time in these fractals.
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 07:41:29 PM »

Ok well !
Since the possibilities are infinite !

Maybe for fractals, not for me  wink

How about a global positionig system to navigate with.
I get lost all the time in these fractals.

You can send always the original parameters into the navi again to reset the position, or use the fixed steps options (F6) to keep stepwidth and to control zooming by yourself, regardless of clipping the fractal.

You might meant something else, more infos then please.
Rama
Alien

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2012, 08:10:28 PM »

What I had in mind is a 3d visual reference of the camera location (a dot maybe) on a zoomed out transparent fractal.
And maybe someday an editable camera path.
I'm a dreamer so I am not sure if it is even possible.
As is tha nav panel is awsome.
Getting lost is part of the fun.
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 11:21:31 PM »

Ok i see, would be nice but i would not expect to find that in the next time in m3d, sorry!
Way to much things waiting to be done and that are a bit more in my interest  wink
Tahyon
Iterator

Joldos Dan Emanuel
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2012, 03:18:23 PM »

This days i made a animation, and  i thought it would be nice if at the animation window  can be add a sound channel and we can put animation keys to the soudtrack, in that way we can add key frame exactly when we need acording to the soundtrack we have .....

This is my animation , you would understand what i mean with that channel.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZZRiEeTdrew&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZZRiEeTdrew&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
Pangaea
Navigator

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2012, 09:05:24 PM »

Might i suggest an "are you sure you want to exit the program" popup wink
oh boy I dont know how many times ive accidentally closed the programme down while i was meant to close a parameters panel or whatever. I should be more careful tho really cheesy
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:06:57 PM by Pangaea » Logged
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 02:50:10 AM »

Might i suggest an "are you sure you want to exit the program" popup wink
oh boy I dont know how many times ive accidentally closed the programme down while i was meant to close a parameters panel or whatever. I should be more careful tho really cheesy

Oh no, I hate confirmation popups!  grin - also not needed at all because current parameters are copied to the clipboard when you exit the program  wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: