Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 03:48:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Is there anything novel left to do in M-like escape-time fractals in 2d?  (Read 78954 times)
Description: I think there may be. Your opinions are greatly desired.
fracmonk
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #330 on: September 19, 2013, 09:32:59 PM »

Alef,

Pretty complicated orbit, if it's an orbit.  I'm absolutely no judge, since I don't use whatever your code works on.  It happens all the time.  I just use fractint, and it's enough for me.  It's sort of like how, no matter what their language, everyone in Europe spoke Latin as a common language once upon a time, so they could understand each other regardless.  In fractals, especially this kind, fractint provides a common language.

Later.
fracmonk
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #331 on: August 18, 2014, 12:40:23 PM »

It's been a long time, almost a year, since I last posted on FF, and months since I last logged in.  I've had a couple serious illnesses that tended to compromise my energy and still do, and life's challenges otherwise don't quit, you know.  Honestly, work on this topic has not been on the front burner.  I've let one machine do really long pix with FractInt, and MAY find time to post things that pick up where I left off.  Surprisingly, I've had NO messages since before my previous post, so at least I didn't feel that terribly needed.  I'll try to check in more in future.

Later.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #332 on: August 18, 2014, 01:00:40 PM »

Be sure to check out the kalles fractaler imppementation of pertubation theory, improving render time of deep zoom mandelbrot by a factor of 100 or more

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
fracmonk
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #333 on: August 20, 2014, 01:09:18 PM »

Thanks, I will.  Strange how only very recently I returned to deep zooming of standard M.  I was getting a little tired of the many black blobs in the pix my own formulae usually produce.

Many theoretical physicists insist that time doesn't really exist.  Benjamin Franklin famously remarked that time is money, and everyone's so concerned with both!
Be well.

Later.
fracmonk
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #334 on: August 20, 2014, 02:06:12 PM »

So I just checked it out (kalles fractaler), and got the picture quickly.  I watched a 4+ minute youtube video by Karl Runmo that went very deep very fast.  Very impressive!  Most striking was that mine was only the 159th view of it.

But I have still an age-old complaint that only standard M is ever taken beyond double precision.  I still dream...

Later.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #335 on: August 20, 2014, 02:33:36 PM »

Burning ship and z3 mandelbrot is available in kalles fraktaler as well, check the iteration window

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
fracmonk
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #336 on: August 20, 2014, 03:30:21 PM »

After looking some more, I see that's true.  I just logged back on to correct myself, but you you beat me to it.  I have been checking the products of the program, not so much the program itself.  It'll do (so-called) Multibrots, for instance, standard M in any degree.

But what I meant was *any* formula that uses the basic operations, not nearly as ambitious as "formula" in fractint, but at least that much.  KF is a killer, though!  I only wish I had the time to learn how to use it.

Later!
greentexas
Navigator

« Reply #337 on: May 11, 2017, 10:12:20 PM »

I believe there is still an infinite amount of discovery that we still have to accomplish. smiley

I have mostly been playing with stardustforever's fractals and making variants of them. One fractal I discovered was the normal Heart on the top on the Celtic Heart on the bottom! I have also been getting interested in simon_snake's fractal, the Simonbrot.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: