Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 07, 2024, 02:49:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Search doesn't "search"....  (Read 1451 times)
Description: No matter what I put in the search field on this forums search thing....
Thunderwave
« on: October 09, 2010, 12:45:33 AM »

Does anyone know about the "Search" tool above the forum and to the right?

I try to search to find things I liked but never shows any results.  I also use it to make sure I don't post the same question twice or more.

Is this a browser issue or is it just not activated...?

Just curious but a search tool would be nice.  I do use google of course and it does bring up this forum  a lot, but not enough for specifics, (i.e. fractal discussions on Mset, set of FS).  I can't find anything on the stuff you guys talk about here on google nor in my math books.  I'm trying to learn so I can follow what you guys are saying; yet, I can't seem to research what I can't find.
blob
Strange Attractor

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 03:04:45 AM »

If you click again on the search button in the middle of the page that tells you it found nothing, then it works, doesn't it?

At least here it does using my default browser (Opera 10.70).
Thunderwave
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 06:46:36 AM »

It works now... embarrass

I swear it wasn't working before; actually, I swear it hadn't worked since I joined up here. cheesy
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 05:22:12 PM »

Yes the 1st time does't work. I ignore that & "click" on it again & it does!

jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 08:31:46 AM »

Thanks for that! i always assumed it did not work and tried to change he word, thus clicking on it twice!

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
antechinus
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 12:29:09 AM »

TBH the SMF quick search algorithm is not very good. Best way to find things is to ignore the quick search window and just go straight to the advanced search options from the main menu. A fulltext custom index will help too if you have the db space for it.

If you really need better search performance (which is up to the admins) there are a couple of mods you can get for 1.1.x.
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 09:55:14 PM »

I have no search results too, tried clicking twice & advanced search but that does not help  sad
Typed in some words of a random post, not found... typed only two words, not found.

Just sad because i wanted to reply and did not found the post  undecided
gaston3d
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 12:20:41 PM »

You can use Google for searching the forum.
Type "searched-text site:fractalforums.com".
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 12:25:51 AM »

Yes, thanks.
There are more results, but unfortunately i still did not get the post i had in mind (so i am to stupid for it, no need for a better search engine  wink)

Maybe the poster read this, posted recently a gpu rendered fractal with a combination of some formulas, afair i saw some fern fractals too... looked very nice.
I just wanted to ask if that were escape time formulas, some 3d ferns would be really nice to have  cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: