Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 04:29:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Finding Fractal Related Software  (Read 64831 times)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 11:18:28 AM »

Join the crowd!

I've been asking for a decent way to export 3D obj or other files forever!  It seems nobody can find a way to handle it easily.  I tell them we know the files will be in excess of 500 MB, and don't care - but it is still a feature we will have to wait a very long time for with the Mandelbox and bulb.

Try Xenodream.

It's the best one I found for obj files of 3D stuffs.

It will be a Very Long Time before we get nice obj files from Mandelbulb 3D or the like...  if ever.

Good luck with it and let us know how you make out.

And Welcome to the forum!

EDIT - I use Xenodream and M3D on my mac, running under WINE - they are natively windows programs.  There is precious little good software out there for macs!   afro
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 11:30:10 AM by Sockratease » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 05:25:35 PM »

Shalom Shalom  grin,

Welcome to the forums! I know that Incendia exports 3D meshes, but I don't know in what format. You can check it out at www.incendia.net

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 06:29:52 PM »

Can anyone recommend a fractal generation app that works for that Mac, and that enables the
creation of 3D fractals that can be exported as .obj's for use in other 3D apps?

I believe that all of the MAC programs that Terry W. Gintz has written will export 3-D fractals into not only the .OBJ file format, but other 3-D file formats as well.  You can go to his web page for the MysticFactal applications:  http://www.MysticFractal.com/.

And several of them are capable of handling the Mandelbulb type images.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 07:07:35 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

xzendor7
Forums Freshman

xzendor7 xzendor7 xzendor7
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2013, 09:36:05 PM »

That's a very large list, but I see that a few of these fractal apps go back to the early days.  Will many of these applications run on today's modern operating systems without using virtual machine software like Virtualbox?

ramblerette
Navigator

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2013, 11:34:39 PM »

thanks  for the input

there are words like freedom
sweet  and wonderful to say
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2013, 11:55:21 AM »

That's a very large list, but I see that a few of these fractal apps go back to the early days. 
    Will many of these applications run on today's modern operating systems without using
    virtual machine software like Virtualbox?

There are well over 600 fractal rendering applications available to the public.   There are probably at least another 100 or so that are privately owned.   And many of these date back to the very beginning of fractal image creation.   As to running some of the really old programs on more modern machines/operating systems, there are ways to simulate the older environments, if that is what one wishes to do.   A small selection of these older programs have been maintained to this date and are capable of running on newer systems.

What I prefer doing is actually running these older applications within their normal environment, which is why I keep so many of my older machines capable of functioning.   I have a Win-98-SE machine that handles most of the older programs.   And I still have working IBM-XT and -AT machines for those really old times!!!   cheesy

AbstractVisionaryArt
Forums Newbie

Bridging the gap between Sacred and Abstract Art.

Metaphysical Mandalas @metamandalas
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2014, 09:12:53 AM »

The Open Directory Project has a page about fractal software:

http://www.dmoz.org/Science/Math/Chaos_and_Fractals/Software/

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: