Logo by S Nelson - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 04:11:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Competition submission broken.  (Read 4300 times)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 12:18:09 PM »

it is a hosted server, and i can not put an own drive into it
disk usage is not the problem, i am using currently only 3,5 gig of 10gigs available
it was a database problem, the database is limited to 100mb, due to caching it run full,
and the image size reduction is a result of server performance, it is simply so that it crashes
from time to time dealing with big images .... if you want higher resolutions, please put a
link to the high res image in the description!

Then maybe just add another smf forum, call it fratcalforumscompetition or something, install it on the same server, move the memberlist here to there, install a gallery, and have a brand new 100 MB available?

New members added here after the member list is moved would need to be added there manually, as there is no way to just link the two, but that shouldn't be too hard - especially if we make new memberships there "by request" or something similar.

It's extra work, but avoids the issues we're having now.

Either that or use a second forum as an archive, and move all posts and stuff over two years old to the other forum, thus clearing space on this one.  I'm not sure how to do that, but it can't require too much research over at the smf help forums!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2010, 12:27:18 PM »

I think, that 1200x1200 is really enough for competition gallery. If somebody want to show image also in higher resolution I think he can paste link to some external gallery.
I my opinion if image is really interesting and is properly composed it looks also very good in very low resolution. If we have to zoom image to see interesting details it means that is something wrong with image composition. Artist has to show us the most interesting things. It is exactly the same like in photo galleries. Most of the best photographers has galleries with low-res images. They focused on topic, proper composition, good light and beauty.

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2010, 12:38:21 PM »

Then maybe just add another smf forum, call it fratcalforumscompetition or something, install it on the same server, move the memberlist here to there, install a gallery, and have a brand new 100 MB available?

the database problem is solved, right now the database is at 37mb

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: