Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 03:11:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Beetlebrot  (Read 8204 times)
reesej2
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 08:21:50 AM »

Oh, I like the Julias. How is that moving through the plane? In a line? If it's a line it's an interesting one, all that switching between connected/disconnected Julias.
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 06:23:22 PM »

still nice but lol:
Yet another example for bugs making it more interesting.
What tells us that for life?
Living without error = Being boring or feeling bored.
Schlega
Navigator

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 11:44:35 PM »

Oh, I like the Julias. How is that moving through the plane? In a line? If it's a line it's an interesting one, all that switching between connected/disconnected Julias.

I just picked some points outside of the mandelbrot type and let Chaospro interpolate between them. I'm trying to write a program that will detect a path along the boundary and animate those Julias, but I'm having some trouble with it.

still nice but lol:
Yet another example for bugs making it more interesting.
What tells us that for life?
Living without error = Being boring or feeling bored.

Quite true  grin
Timeroot
Fractal Fertilizer

The pwnge.

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 12:08:47 AM »

What *is* the error? It sounds interesting!   grin

Someday, man will understand primary theory; how every aspect of our universe has come about. Then we will describe all of physics, build a complete understanding of genetic engineering, catalog all planets, and find intelligent life. And then we'll just puzzle over fractals for eternity.
reesej2
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 01:57:41 AM »

Wow, detecting a path along the boundary? That sounds really tricky... Good luck with that, I'd love to see the result!
Schlega
Navigator

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 02:36:07 AM »

What *is* the error? It sounds interesting!   grin

In my squaring function, I had x2+y2+z2 where I meant to put x2+y2.

Wow, detecting a path along the boundary? That sounds really tricky... Good luck with that, I'd love to see the result!

Thanks. If I ever get it working you will!
Schlega
Navigator

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2010, 02:33:49 AM »

I didn't get the results I wanted, but sorting boundary points by angle seems good enough for now.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XKJLDDMudpQ&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/XKJLDDMudpQ&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
reesej2
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2010, 02:38:34 AM »

Very nice! Looks like you're wobbling back and forth across the boundary. Incidentally, you might want to slow it down a little--sometimes it changes so quickly I don't have time to spot it! Actually, that might just be a problem with crossing the border in general.
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 01:50:23 PM »

Here is a quaternion implementation for Mandelbulb. Due to the formula complexity, takes ages to render even if the size is 200x200 undecided

Mandelbulb3Dv16{
N....UA....m....w....2....U0AShtAEK7.H5bvWPNTI3ElgrfaBpjqzPVnfjlJc0BzKQepkE3RW.k
................................pYWGHo8/Xz1........A./..................y.2.....
................/ME//....6kVM...82....E2.....IrqizNQX7tD...........c./...w1....U
z.EnAnQD..../..GVf53iSIozAnAnAnAnAyjaNaNaNaNKz1..................y1...sD...../..
.wHnAnQDPTzMS4rMGy1..........U4FWpEfUsfjyEeJWZXfcrnqrDablBaYzC6QPfEfUsfDlToq8o86
yufxg7K1h0WjyK23NnNQX7tj......o60.....................sD..kz0...................
.............................UJRR4.wppN.6OLb/.mRR4.irpN.EVLb/UCSR4..............
................E..........U..6.4/...61...EB....I....U3....3....m....IX1...UiePI
..kI4ydelyjeYFnzTeOgzf8Nos8.1c..zzzz.MQizccZWGyD7EdGkxmWcz1...........k.8.kXWF1.
QvM93P58iz9GMmnWK2zwz0..........ZM1IyDL7O.kjthne8d.kzm0Ju0SpJhyD.m1wnEqe5zP.FcEz
4NqQ.6UkKZMxkayjtodIWOorVyvkhw1ZBGouzKF.8wDJ030.8B6ewXyKUzXbbFpvWtc6.l4zvm1FFj1E
3EU00U5GZ.EBK2Ean0HxzGPFm0nvAI.kddPEmLBlt.2...uBZ.EHVM/.zzFoTu2.cxo7.szDnueM.g5P
D/EzTt6Ul/kF.V1.Qs5crI0.B3W3..bTUSH7.oI6K..ly/uBZ.EHVM/.Mw5crI0.B3W3.kqTUSH7.oI6
K..kz/uBZ.EHVM/....crI0.zzFoTu2.yzngi84.xzZX.45..IaMUELNoJ46YJ46XVa9e/rN..UOkR4.
E....I....E.....I.........kLAxqNoE2...pPrJaQ....................................
...................../........................................zD........kz1.....
...wz.........zD........kz1.....................................................
.....................2.....3....7....2JRVF5IjR5.................................
...............................E........................................kz1.....
...wz.........zD........kz1.....................................................
................................/....E/.........TJ2SkF1F........................
........................................U.2.....................................
................................................................................
..........................................E.....I....A....kLVF4N1/..............
...................................................wz.........zD........kz1.....
................................................................................
.....................................................2.....3....2....wpIX34PdtqN
klKRn/......................................................../E........E.2.....
...2./......../E................................................................
................................................................}

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Schlega
Navigator

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2011, 09:30:21 AM »

Hey, it's been a while since I've been here.

DarkBeam, I tried to look at your quaternion implementation, but it just says "Error, formula option is not valid." Am I doing something wrong?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: