Logo by Mahmut - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 07, 2024, 12:53:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Two Shots of the same 8th order 3d Mandelbrot (magnitude D2 variety)  (Read 1202 times)
Description: One shot is straight on, one rotated a bit (you'll be able to match them)
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« on: February 19, 2010, 10:36:29 AM »

Here they be, the first one is a "straight on" shot of this one bud at 10 iterations.  Of course, I don't really remember which one was "straight on" but this one ... I think this is it:

And here is the slightly rotated one, interesting how more details come out (you can see a lot of things better from this angle):

hobold
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 11:00:08 AM »

Varying the angle is a little bit like stereoscopy. That's why animations of 3d shapes tend to give very good impressions of depth, even without any good depth cues through shading.
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 12:07:25 PM »

Wow, that second image looks really interesting, that one with nice shading...

I hope Subblue will include this beast in his pixelbender-script!!!  afro

A green bee!!!  cheesy

* Bild 4.png (44.9 KB, 149x140 - viewed 353 times.)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 12:33:01 PM by KRAFTWERK » Logged

M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »

hobold: in this case, it would mean that whatever was viewing had eyes that were very far apart....  and spaced vertically, not horizontally. 

KRAFTWERK:  It might already be included in the ChaosPro release (which is all CPU for now, as far as I know, which might not be fast enough for those of you with a decent next gen graphics card).  Haven't checked however.  If it is not, it's in the Chaospro formula database, and here in the thread "3d Fractal Type that works for z2" (once again a ChaosPro type formula).   There are a bunch of different fractal formulas that make decent images, although d2 and r2d2 are more interesting to me at the moment.... There is also one garbage type, and 2 Mandala types (if I updated the file?).

The "green bees" remind me of Falkor....  The green color is slightly arbitrary: I didn't set up a decent color scheme, then lit it up with some color of light, which happened to be green. 

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: