Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 07, 2024, 03:39:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulb 3D - How do I reset the Navi Screen to show the main window shot?  (Read 663 times)
Balok
Forums Newbie

« on: January 17, 2017, 03:40:38 AM »

Greetings Fractalites.

I have a few repeated problems:

1. How clear/newly render the  Navi Window ?

2. How does one more solid  structures?  my creations behave like liquids.

Others " fly through" a cube - a 3 D space with a floor, ceiling and walls - like the fighter scenes in Star Wars  on the Death Star etc.

My cubes melt away and will not let me fly through the space - they disintegrate so to speak.

I sincerely appreciate any help

Puzzled in Fractalland.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 04:10:49 AM by Balok » Logged
ellarien
Conqueror

I like flowers

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 04:01:58 AM »

Can you not get back to the main window view by hitting the 'Parameter' button on the Navi? Some people recommend periodically sending your view to an animation keyframe as a way of keeping a record of your progress, too. If you mean the program is crashing on you somehow, it could be bad parameters --- that happens sometimes -- or you might want to try a reinstall. Which version are you using?

If things disappear when you try to navigate, it usually means you've fallen through the backplane -- try hitting F2 until you see your structure again. And checking the box for HiQual mode can help, too.
Balok
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 05:32:11 AM »

Thank you very much Ellarian, I made great progress, parameter reset is working and after checking HQ and toying with  R/ Fold sliders - my structure looks much better and behaves much more like a solid.

It also appears at 100 % Navi size my extra Fx were hidden beneath the PC  task bar.

I'm feeling much more confident for the next test flight -my goal is to make a star wars style fly through.

I forgot my high school math of exponents etc and grossly underestimated the power, range,scaling, etc of this program.

- its like Photoshop, there are thousands of useful functions and an infinite # in combination.

Its a remarkable thing for free - the quality of imagery it makes is stunning, I tried a sites tip on lowering lowering the raystep etc and wowarama - its out of this world if that is not redundant in this forum shocked)

Thanks again - you were of great help - a big confidence booster for a newbie- I think we Newbies expect to be piloting the X fighter through the Death Star on day 1 ...me thinks a few more flight lessons are in order.

Best Regards,

Balok
ellarien
Conqueror

I like flowers

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 01:37:40 PM »

I'm glad I could help -- I remember my own struggles with the Navi when I was getting started!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: