Logo by Fractal Ken - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 08:56:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Little help needed for extending the Kleinian algo.  (Read 6010 times)
knighty
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2017, 10:29:34 PM »

Cool variations!

I figured out how to show hexagon flakes instead of plain "squares"
(...)
edit; too bad the method is adding some cuts around  cry

hexagonal tilings are not the only possible. Here is the (very slow) fragmentarium shader that generated this picture. Still some work to do in order to make it faster. It is slow because of the tests added in order to reduce the cuts.

* Venus.jpg (187.59 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 192 times.)
* Kleinian_angles_23.frag.txt (25.07 KB - downloaded 138 times.)
Crist-JRoger
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2017, 08:10:03 AM »

I forgot to post the .frag! my apologies!
Consider this .frag as a non canonical, mutant version of the original version. Its some experiments that I was trying to do.   grin
It basically add a Julia set (and a multiplier) and two possible entry points for the abs() function.
All is under the Jul section, and you can see the examples (variations of the original examples) in the Jul presets.
One example is missing, the first picture, that was done by changing the Julia function by the burning ship formula, but I didn't wanted to burden the .frag with more conditionals!.

Anyways, I will try other functions!  smiley

Thank you very much for frag! Played with this and finally i got what i wanted to do for a long time  Azn

mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2017, 08:39:41 AM »

Beautiful use of light , color and reflection afro afro
Crist-JRoger
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2017, 11:19:51 AM »

Thank you ) Turned off reflexions on fractal.
Little oftopic question to Knighty: Is possible to reflect godrays? Here on water the ray does't reflect
upd.: found the problem
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 10:17:03 PM by Crist-JRoger » Logged

Aexion
Conqueror

The Fractal Hermit

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2017, 06:57:32 PM »

Thank you very much for frag! Played with this and finally i got what i wanted to do for a long time  Azn

<Quoted Image Removed>
It's a beautiful render!! Looks like a real nature photo..  smiley

Fractals all the way..
Incendia for 3D Fractals
Aural for Musical Fractals
0Encrypted0
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2017, 08:51:16 PM »

@DarkBeam
Hexagonal mode for JosKn-KleinIFS

Zoomed in on parameter from above link and saw some artifacts in Navi and rendered image (FYI).
See attached image.

* 2017-01-18 13'37.jpg (111.66 KB, 812x638 - viewed 187 times.)
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2017, 09:13:24 AM »

Thanks, I am aware that this fractal is based on cuts and approximated so it is not avoidable to have some troubles.

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2017, 07:20:47 PM »

I am currently trying to implement aexion and pupukuusikko 's suggestions. Some bad news;

1. Mb3D really dislikes when I take off separation line, the render is very slow and the shapes blow out. (Just I get small spheres scattering around).
2. Aexion abs options; Abs1 works even if the effect is somewhat strange but Abs2 just causes a bailout failure (all points become solid).
3. Boxfold works ok! But without sep line tweak... ?
4. Aexion Julia Mode looks interesting but deforms strongly.

sad

pupukuusikko
Alien

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2017, 02:15:47 PM »

I am currently trying to implement aexion and pupukuusikko 's suggestions. Some bad news;

1. Mb3D really dislikes when I take off separation line, the render is very slow and the shapes blow out. (Just I get small spheres scattering around).
2. Aexion abs options; Abs1 works even if the effect is somewhat strange but Abs2 just causes a bailout failure (all points become solid).
3. Boxfold works ok! But without sep line tweak... ?
4. Aexion Julia Mode looks interesting but deforms strongly.

sad

Unfortunate. Do you mean that taking off separation line never works? No separation line and boxfold should
be just about the same as scale 1 box, so it should be straightforward huh? . I got maybe similar issues
when I had the z = vec3(-b,a,c)-z; outside the conditional, make sure you have it like below.

Code:
if (separation_line) {
if  (z.y >= a * (0.5+  f * 0.25*sign(z.x + b * 0.5)* (1. - exp( - 3.2 * abs(z.x + b * 0.5)))))
z = vec3(-b, a, c) - z; //<- check that this line is not performed if there is no separation line
}
}

Also the DE works a bit differently without separation line, clampY and clampDF have to be close to zero.
If you want to make behaviour more consistent, you can try to add a constant to DF like:
Code:
if (separation_line) {
}
else {
   DF+=0.5;
}

Also if you get this work, and want to allow combination of no separation line and  original wrapping, I think the box sizes should be halved.

Hope you get it working smiley

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2017, 03:06:54 PM »

Actually I kinda got it to work keeping the separation line calculus, then breaking the loop if we are too far from it (when distance is > a/2 ). Else I just do no transform like in your frag.
This causes one side of kleinian to be just empty and the other to have "tall spirals" that in some cases get broken. A Beer Cup Very close to that you made I think...
Removing it altogether causes too much trouble. roll eyes I think even some overflows happen ...

pupukuusikko
Alien

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2017, 04:00:51 PM »

Cool smiley Although if it is not continuous, then it might be kind of useless.  That is in my view the only positive aspect of my version compared to the original.
But, like you've said, people like symmetry. smiley

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2017, 04:26:00 PM »

I am getting sliced spheres even in forced symmetry mode but sometimes the results are cool (see the strange spirals around);

pupukuusikko
Alien

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2017, 05:46:08 PM »

That's interesting smiley

I think it might be better to approach no separation + boxfold from the box direction,
if you ever decide to get back to amazingIFS. Then it would also have better hybrid possibilities.

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2017, 07:41:34 PM »

I tried to rewrite the formula as did trafassel.
Now the formula stopped to work. I don't know how and when I will be able to recover it. sad
See that it is not easy to change those ...

pupukuusikko
Alien

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2017, 05:52:03 PM »

I tried to rewrite the formula as did trafassel.
Now the formula stopped to work. I don't know how and when I will be able to recover it. sad
See that it is not easy to change those ...

sorry to hear that  undecided
If I ever use phrases like 'should be easy' or 'straightforward', you know I mean it in a special sense,
as in 'beyond impossible for everyone in the world except perhaps Luca if he is especially lucky'  Azn

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: