Logo by JosLeys - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 06:08:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Yet another realtime viewer  (Read 14363 times)
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 06:33:33 PM »

Bib: If you really want to explore the different powers of the mandelbulb you might want to implement some sse math for them also, the difference in speed is probably 20x. It might require a bit of c++ knowledge but copy pasting the pwr8 one it should just be changing the math expression (although the program will still need to be recompiled).

Interesting pictures where is the first one taken from?

Unfortunately I don't program, and I don't know exactly where I took the pictures, I did not note down the coordinates sad

Here is another one, in Power 8

Can't wait for a faster version of your program smiley

* shortcut s.jpg (109.7 KB, 1024x500 - viewed 671 times.)

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2010, 06:49:04 PM »

Yay, very cool cheesy
Too bad xp doesn't like dx10...
Isokron
Forums Freshman

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 07:46:00 PM »

Trifox: Sorry, still not sure what you mean, I cant spot any rectangular stuff in that pictures. Do you mean perhaps the way thin waffer structures get missformed and have holes in them? Thats because the voxel fields just take point samples on a grid and those waffer will sometimes fall between the points until the grid get refined enough. I guess that could be fixed if someone who understand DE better than me would add in so that it would consider any point within the current voxel size from the inside to be inside.

Bib: seems like you figured out how to change the shader fx files at least, or did you photoshop the colors of some of those pictures?
Im afraid that I wrote the program the fastest I could come up with, so no easy speedups from me (for the pwr8 at least).
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2010, 01:29:15 PM »

it says on a friends computer d3dx10_42 is missing, but it is a directx11 version installed sad

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Isokron
Forums Freshman

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2010, 03:16:18 PM »

Try installing this and see if it helps
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=04ac064b-00d1-474e-b7b1-442d8712d553
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 06:10:48 PM »

Bib: seems like you figured out how to change the shader fx files at least, or did you photoshop the colors of some of those pictures?
Im afraid that I wrote the program the fastest I could come up with, so no easy speedups from me (for the pwr8 at least).

I changed the color/contrast with another software.

Here is another one:

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 12:20:09 AM »

possibility for editing the shader files would also be awesome ...

... we need to fix that precision thing !

---

Melancholyman
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2010, 01:09:08 AM »

I get d3ddx9_42.dll is missing!  sad sad But I have DirectX 11 on Windows 7. Help anyone?! PleasE! shocked
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 01:12:01 AM »

I get d3ddx9_42.dll is missing!  sad sad But I have DirectX 11 on Windows 7. Help anyone?! PleasE! shocked

I had the same problem. I reinstalled latest DirectX to fix it.

Melancholyman
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 01:18:32 AM »

Thx will try that!
Melancholyman
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2010, 02:16:42 AM »

Thx that fixed it, but DAMN it's slow. Yet I have Geforce GTX 260! I guess the Aero thing in Windows might do some serious damage to the performance :S
Isokron
Forums Freshman

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2010, 07:49:15 PM »

To change the shader files you can download the source and put the file mandelbulb.fx in the same folder as the exe and then modify it. Currently you only have the normal and position as input parameters to play with, anything more will need changes in the c++ code although there are two free values in the input format.

Also note that if there is an error in the file version it will use the one embedded in the exe instead which can be a bit irritating sometimes.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2010, 08:36:23 PM »

hmm, i just would like to have a runtime ( or at each start ) editable gpu script file, with the actual formula inside, and i would love
to enter some more formula types

---

Timeroot
Fractal Fertilizer

The pwnge.

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2010, 02:26:44 AM »

Some optimization for the power-2 version would be pretty nice... Personally, I prefer it to all the other powers. More variety, I find.  wink

Someday, man will understand primary theory; how every aspect of our universe has come about. Then we will describe all of physics, build a complete understanding of genetic engineering, catalog all planets, and find intelligent life. And then we'll just puzzle over fractals for eternity.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: