Logo by miles - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 09:25:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: mdz Mandelbrot Deep Zoom  (Read 9263 times)
Description: Zoom all the way into the Mandelbrot set with this Linux program
stigomaster
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 09:23:57 PM »

Thank you, it works fine now.

That is, the old files with comma can't even be loaded from the GUI now. But that is of course not a problem. I'll definitely be using this program a lot.
May I have some docs for the Palette Randomization function? I don't really understand what the different settings do.
youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2014, 09:11:25 PM »

I wish the palette randomizer had even more functionality! It's really nice to play with. Started me thinking what tools others use to design their palettes. The option to overlay the pattern only at the Nth stripe of the palette is cool. Makes it possible to combine very slow pulsating movement (which more seems like the color of the lighting is changing) with very fast (more local) small stripes. No easy way to make videos, which is a shame. But it really does add something to my Mandelbrot experience.

New version is 0.1.1 by the way. Found on https://github.com/jwm-art-net/MDZ and/or http://jwm-art.net/mdz/

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2014, 09:42:21 PM »

@youhn you might be interested in pauldelbrots multi wave coloring method
although it is an algorithm which is not implemented by most programms, at least for ultrafractal there exists an implementation

when coloring mandelbrots the frequency often gets far to high and colors become repeated in the visible range, with the method
from pauldel new colors appear all the time ( if choosen correct params )

you can think of it as prime number scaled sine waves that become joined together to form the final color, based on the distance
estimation wink

http://www.fractalforums.com/ultrafractal/multiwave-coloring-for-mandelbrot/?PHPSESSID=2a44ac2f9e37edcdc783c6013ec84fa7

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: