Logo by visual - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 09:57:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Experimental MB3D-version with integrated formula-compiler (JIT)  (Read 12973 times)
Snicker02
Alien

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 11:33:09 PM »

huh?huh?huh?huh?huh? what did you want to achieve by that?

@andreas i think it is just fine to NOT include it, but keeping a record of the exact version of a formula might be needed, since now the available formulas will get spread to infinity, regarding dynamic formula writing i believe an online archive of available formulas is the way to go, similar to what ultrafractal does with automatic downloading and such wink
That is what I was told to do
Currently, you must edit them outside of MB3D with a text-editor, e.g. Notepad++

thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 12:25:18 AM »

That is what I was told to do
You can not find them, you must/can create them. This is why I said it is not for users (who just want use a ready software), it is for developers to extend the software, so please ignore it unless you know what to do cheesy

Cheers!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 12:34:03 AM by thargor6 » Logged
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 12:31:01 AM »

what i find a bit tricky is that 2 mandelbulb renderers have completely different formula definition syntax (delphi/glsl) some sort of meta language to be transformed into both output formats would be worth a thought ... just sayin'
Agree, I also had a discussion with Lyc about that. My idea is to have two layers, the lowlevel-layer, which allows anything, even modification of internal state as it is needed/wanted by some formula, and some highlevel layer where you just define a formula in a more abstract way. The current implementation is the lowlevel layer in the hope to simplify the creation of formulas by "wizards". The higher layer is for users (and should not expose MB3D-interna), we spoke about Lua, but it was just an idea.

Cheers!
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 04:30:13 AM »

Little lazy question. Is there a way to display the compiled assembly to get a m3f without a sweat drop? cheesy No eh... wink

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 05:49:34 AM »

What Luca said!  cheesy  Quick compiled assembly... wow..  The last formula I wrote would be the last I had to do lots of hard work on! 

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2015, 06:22:17 PM »

Would be a too big luxury for us smiley wink

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
teeanDy
Forums Newbie

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2015, 04:27:57 PM »

Thanks a lot for this version.

afro
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2015, 03:12:28 AM »

If I add an user variable to a custom formula how do I access it? Like
Support for accessing variables and constants is added now, as well as an integrated editor:

Because of performance-reasons you must access the variables/constants the same way as MB3D-code does.
The first constant is located at Base+0, the second at Base + <size>, e.g. Base + 8 (see the screenshot for example, Base is called PVar).
The variables start Base-16, and increase in the inverse direction, i. e. second variable is at  Base-16-<size>, e.g. Base - 24

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2015, 10:36:57 AM »

+1 for style and functionality

are the constants program globals or code locals? hehe why not call this field "magic constants"  tease smiley

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2015, 11:40:35 AM »

are the constants program globals or code locals? hehe why not call this field "magic constants"  tease smiley
Those constants are maintained on a per-formula-basis. Not all values must be classic "magic constants", you may provide any pre-calculated value in order to speedup the formula-calculation.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2015, 11:59:57 AM »

Those constants are maintained on a per-formula-basis. Not all values must be classic "magic constants", you may provide any pre-calculated value in order to speedup the formula-calculation.

isnt this was magic constanst are? wink i meant the lack of a name for these constants

---

thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2015, 01:30:53 PM »

i meant the lack of a name for these constants
Unfortunatly, there is no room for a name of constants in the *.m3f-file, so the names could not be saved (unless we would further extend the format, but I do not want to do this in this case)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2015, 01:33:27 PM »

that is understandable, i wonder how they are referenced then in the program by index? const[1..n] ?

---

thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2015, 01:48:17 PM »

i wonder how they are referenced then in the program by index? const[1..n] ?
By just navigating from the base pointer (not all must have the same size, so its not even an array). You can see this in the screenshot, where sqrt_1_2, sqrt_1_3 and sqrt_2_3 are populated using the provided 3 constant-values
cyseal
Explorer

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2015, 12:52:46 PM »

Support for accessing variables and constants is added now, as well as an integrated editor:
<Quoted Image Removed>
Because of performance-reasons you must access the variables/constants the same way as MB3D-code does.
The first constant is located at Base+0, the second at Base + <size>, e.g. Base + 8 (see the screenshot for example, Base is called PVar).
The variables start Base-16, and increase in the inverse direction, i. e. second variable is at  Base-16-<size>, e.g. Base - 24

How to get this editor running ? I can't find it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: