Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 08:13:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulb 3d Development Officially Suspended  (Read 8893 times)
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2015, 07:54:11 PM »

UPDATE:

As for now, Jesse did not respond to anyone. That's very sad and we moderators don't know when (nor if) this will change. I am very sad about this, personally.

We can only wait - and hope flowers ... Please Jesse don't leave us alone
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 07:59:20 PM by DarkBeam » Logged

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2015, 08:40:15 PM »

sad

bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 07:35:45 PM »

I exchanged mails with him recently and he confirmed this is really over for good sad

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
quaz0r
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 09:46:25 PM »

so that means all the brilliant minds will start contributing to mandelbulber right   snore
axewater
Alien

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2015, 11:19:47 PM »

Not sure what his reason was to stop this, I respect his decision whatever the reason.
But if it was financial, maybe setting up a kickstarter would be an idea ?
I've only recently started using this (like last week) and would already be willing to pay for the program (or support the development of it)
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 12:19:38 AM »

Come on people.
Don't be all so sad.
Not all hope is lost...
But it has to be confirmed wink

flexiverse
Safarist

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 02:21:17 AM »

Is this true? What are the reasons ?

I mean we do have Crowd funding these days ?
I'm sure people would pay for a premium version, I would !
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2015, 10:52:39 AM »

The project started free and it would be very rude to make it commercial!
And as I said ... it's still under study - so I am not 100% sure if it will come to life
Don't ask further questions wink
Just be warned I will not be the programmer smiley

thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2015, 01:49:30 PM »

Hello all, I wanted to post about this later, but because now the questions arised:

I'm currently evaluating if I will continue the development of MB3D (to a certain point).
This is possible, because my own project (JWildfire) reached a stable state and I would not be unhappy to do something different.
Also, I like the MB3D-software a lot, even if I not had the time to play with it that much (yet).

Unfortunately, even the first addition I wanted to achieve, is very sophisticated to do,
so I'm still evaluating, if it makes sense or not (in terms of effort), but still I'm very positive.

More on this soon...

Andreas

flexiverse
Safarist

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2015, 12:39:05 AM »

The project started free and it would be very rude to make it commercial!
And as I said ... it's still under study - so I am not 100% sure if it will come to life
Don't ask further questions wink
Just be warned I will not be the programmer smiley

Come on mate, donations is not commercial.
flexiverse
Safarist

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2015, 12:41:56 AM »

Hello all, I wanted to post about this later, but because now the questions arised:

I'm currently evaluating if I will continue the development of MB3D (to a certain point).
This is possible, because my own project (JWildfire) reached a stable state and I would not be unhappy to do something different.
Also, I like the MB3D-software a lot, even if I not had the time to play with it that much (yet).

Unfortunately, even the first addition I wanted to achieve, is very sophisticated to do,
so I'm still evaluating, if it makes sense or not (in terms of effort), but still I'm very positive.

More on this soon...

Andreas

Shame looks like you are not up for a real challenge and truly expand your mind and skills.
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 01:25:43 AM »

Shame looks like you are not up for a real challenge and truly expand your mind and skills.
Nope, but it is important for me to chose the challenge(s) right, there is too many interesting stuff out there... When I stick to this project I can not do much other stuff (in spare time), so I have to evaluate it first, and this I'm doing now. Please just wait a little bit before judging  A Beer Cup

Cheers,
Andreas
flexiverse
Safarist

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 04:49:39 AM »

Nope, but it is important for me to chose the challenge(s) right, there is too many interesting stuff out there... When I stick to this project I can not do much other stuff (in spare time), so I have to evaluate it first, and this I'm doing now. Please just wait a little bit before judging  A Beer Cup

Cheers,
Andreas

Still just sounds like "I don't have the coding chops this!" In all honesty. But then the original coder has thrown the towel in and will not release source.  So it will simply die.

I mean mandelbulber has full source so the hive mind can all contribute.  It's not about putting this one persons shoulders, that would be incredibly stupid. It's many people working together that make the difference. The fact that it's written in Delphi means more programmers can contribute, you don't have to be a c++ expert.

If he won't release the source it will simply die and every one will just use mandelbulber.

What other more interesting projects are there out there out if interest?

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2015, 05:40:03 AM »

What other more interesting projects are there out there out if interest?
Fragmentarium?
wink

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
hobold
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2015, 06:37:34 AM »

Still just sounds like "I don't have the coding chops this!" In all honesty.
That's not honesty, that's anger.

You're not the only one who would like to see the project continued. We don't always get what we want. That's life.

Don't make it even harder for whoever picks up the code. It's probably difficult enough as it is, given how Mandelbulb3D evolved as its programmer was learning to generate 3d fractals, and learning to program at the same time. The source code might not be the pretty poetry that you know from books on the topic.

(No offense to Jesse intended. I know I wrote my share of pet projects that I would be too embarrassed to release.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: