Logo by yv3 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 04:10:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: FRGMENTARIUM 3DICKULUS - Catmull-Rom spline paths ! camera/parameter keyframes !  (Read 34452 times)
Description: adding spline paths for smooth transitions between key frames
Patryk Kizny
Global Moderator
Fractal Fertilizer

kizny
« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2015, 07:58:46 PM »

This looks sick!

Visual Artist, Director & Cinematographer specialized in emerging imaging techniques.
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2015, 08:27:36 AM »

latest changes/additions
[Spacebar] toggles animation (click in render window) + prefs checkbox for looping tnx Patryk

new easing curve management
if you have added easing curves to some variables they can be saved and used in a preset named "Range-nnnn-nnnn"
once a preset is created you can make changes in the gui and save another range
the keyword is "Range-" so nnnn-nnnn can also be a human readable name that makes sense like rot-0-100

keeping easing curves in Range-*** presets allows for the same variable to have different easing curves, currently need to be applied manually ie:apply range, render range, apply next range, render next range etc. but this should work well for GUI timeline control, with keyframes and morphranges kept in a file to be #included

so three preset types now
1> standard,   just parameters
2> keyframe,  camera control
3> range-nnn, parameter morphing

as of 06/04/15 23:26:00 PSDT

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
_revers_
Conqueror

« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2015, 01:45:54 PM »

How to turn on spline path rendering? I've tried with "30 - Simple Key Frame Animation.frag" (and with some other key frame examples) and I don't see any red path (neither during animation nor during progressive mode). I have enabled "Draw spline paths for camera and target", "Spline Occlussion" options in the Preferences (everything is set to default).

I've tried with the latest version - Fragmentarium-1.0.6-Qt_5_3_2_MinGW. My OS is Windows 7 x64.
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2015, 03:26:01 PM »

paths are rendered in "Progresive" "Stop" mode, I have just run a test here and all seems to work well, it was compiled on Win7 x64 so should be alright,

load tutorial 30
select "Progressive"
select "Stop" (so it is not rendering subframes)

I just tested like this and I see red blue and yellow lines ?

the latest is June 04 23:10:00, from late last night.

what gfx card?

do you have animotion? like it loads fine but just not drawing splines?

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

_revers_
Conqueror

« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2015, 04:47:09 PM »

Now it works! smiley I didn't push the stop button earlier so the paths weren't visible.
I must admit, pretty clever solution with these paths! :]
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2015, 01:23:45 AM »

tnx smiley I will try to implement some other features as time permits but I'm having a lot of satisfaction from just wandering around in some of the frags that others have created

click-drag for the path control points
"Up" vectors on the camera path control points
an intutive timeline display/editor
distributed network rendering
depthbuffer save (suggested by Patryk) or heightmap load (as used elsewhere)

just to mention a few cheesy

* JabAtTheWhat.jpg (221.43 KB, 1024x576 - viewed 358 times.)

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2015, 07:49:17 AM »

A couple of things...

when a keyframe is selected from the pull-down menu
    the editor will automatically highlight the corresponding text, press F8 to replace with current camera settings
    the control point will also be highlighted on the spline path

infinite loop option in the preferences dialog and [SpaceBar] toggles play (tnx Patryk)

using courier 9pt fixed font for editor ( tnx cKleinhuis ) just testing, will enable user font selection in the preferences dialog

if no nVidia card is found the Edit->Shader Asm menu item is removed (tnx _revers_) now reports Vendor and Renderer

...and maybe squished a few bugs wink these are in the source as of the time of this post but I haven't had time to make a new win exe yet sad

EDIT: 2 exe files, one for nVidia + GL v4.1 (AsmBrowser), one for any gfx card + GL < v4.1 (no AsmBrowser)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 07:52:13 PM by 3dickulus, Reason: 2exe » Logged

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Patryk Kizny
Global Moderator
Fractal Fertilizer

kizny
« Reply #157 on: June 28, 2015, 05:48:35 PM »

Can I request a build and executable binaries for Mac OSX?
Thanks!

Visual Artist, Director & Cinematographer specialized in emerging imaging techniques.
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #158 on: June 28, 2015, 10:49:31 PM »

No, I don't have a Mac for development and testing, that will have to come from community support, but if you would like to donate one I'd be more than happy to give it a go. cheesy

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Patryk Kizny
Global Moderator
Fractal Fertilizer

kizny
« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2015, 12:19:49 AM »

Thanks, got it. So some day I'll have to learn how to build myself. You keep tempting me on getting into cpp.

visual.bermarte
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2015, 01:41:34 AM »

OSX version http://bit.ly/1FJ5i3X
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2015, 02:59:04 AM »

linked to the DA page from my website cheesy ty vb
 Repeating Zooming Self-Silimilar Thumb Up, by Craig
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 04:52:45 AM by 3dickulus, Reason: link » Logged

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Patryk Kizny
Global Moderator
Fractal Fertilizer

kizny
« Reply #162 on: July 09, 2015, 11:40:36 AM »

Many thanks!

Crist-JRoger
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2016, 02:30:33 PM »

Does Frag support textureCube function? If yes, please show basic example.

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #164 on: November 04, 2016, 04:36:55 AM »

the short answer is no edit: YES as of v2.0

have a look at the tutorial #25 Image Based Lighting.frag , this demonstrates how to use equirectangular maps for background and environment reflections

the long answer is yes, after the GL_Texture loading and mapping options have been added to the parser (Preprocessor.cpp/.h) and engine (DisplayWidget.cpp/.h)
this will also require adding to the C++ GL code an environment cube and code to handle management.
A lot of coding and testing to replicate something that is already available via equirectangular maps so it's not even on my radar right now. I also have to ask "How does this relate to exploring fractals and math?" which is my logic for deciding how much effort I am willing to put into the idea.

For anyone that has the GL C++ skills that wants to tackle this I would be happy to help familiarize them with the parts of the code they will need to look at and modify.

edit: for some reference material...
https://capnramses.github.io/opengl/cubemaps.html
https://www.opengl.org/wiki/Cubemap_Texture
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 10:08:15 PM by 3dickulus, Reason: update » Logged

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: