Logo by Cyclops - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 02:43:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: IQ test  (Read 5140 times)
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2013, 10:20:49 AM »

I don't get how the site scores IQ?  I got  -70 + i66.

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2013, 12:29:44 PM »

woot, you got an complex number iq, congrats, best thing is complex numbers cant be ordered rolling on floor laughing

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2013, 02:45:40 PM »

yep, annother intelligent reply!  rolling on floor laughing

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2013, 01:15:57 AM »

Hadn't looked this up before, but in case anyone's still interested this is direct from the official UK? Mensa site:

"
As different IQ tests were developed, each was given its own scoring system. Therefore, an IQ of 150 is a meaningless claim unless you know the actual test which was used. In order to compare one IQ test against another, the scores are converted to 'percentiles', i.e. where a person's score falls in comparison to the rest of the population by percentage. Mensa offers membership to anyone whose IQ score places them within the top two per cent of the population, no matter which approved test was used.

A top 2% mark in any of these frequently used tests below qualifies you for entry to Mensa. The minimum test mark to get into Mensa is:

Cattell III B - 148
    Culture Fair - 132
    Ravens Advanced Matrices - 135
    Ravens Standard Matrices - 131
    Wechsler Scales - 132

On BBC Test The Nation

The BBC Test The Nation IQ quiz is not a recognised IQ test and so Mensa is unable to accept people for membership on the basis of their Test The Nation scores. However, achievement of a score of 120 or more in this IQ quiz would suggest you might like to have a go at a full Mensa IQ test.
"
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 05:52:12 AM by David Makin » Logged

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 01:09:57 AM »

yep, annother intelligent reply!  rolling on floor laughing
Might have to do with the imaginary portion of my IQ. 

Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 08:01:20 AM »

Is this a meating of Mensa?

It's kind of reminds some sort of neo-Eugenics, especialy after reading wikipedia's article about very flattery but disguasting from morality standpoint book "IQ and Wealth of Nation" and "Race and IQ".
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 08:40:26 AM by Alef » Logged

fractal catalisator
hobold
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2013, 11:53:02 AM »

It's kind of reminds some sort of neo-Eugenics, especialy after reading wikipedia's article about very flattery but disguasting from morality standpoint book "IQ and Wealth of Nation" and "Race and IQ".
If you want to learn the real, scientific, reasons why some of today's nations are technologically more advanced than others, then you could read "Guns, Germs, and Steel" by Jared Diamond. His chain of reasoning does not resort to hidden racism or any other ideology, other than the unwavering faith in the scientific method. Possibly the most insightful book I have read all my life.
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2013, 12:10:08 PM »

in my twenties my IQ was 155,  then maybe 30 years later, to prove to my kids that i wasnt as stupid as they think, the IQ test gave me 133 (I beat both children). But were the old test and the new test similar, probably not.

Now my point of trivia is, that 155 was carried out in a team building company conference, so there were all types of people there. After we received the results he asked me if i was a draughtsman or an engineer (which i was). He told me my result was not a true IQ as I had an unfair advantage, because most people are not skilled in thinking in 3D for the spacial geometry bits of the test.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: