Logo by mclarekin - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 07, 2024, 11:37:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Log in/Log out action does not complete cleanly  (Read 1058 times)
kabuki
Forums Freshman

« on: November 11, 2012, 10:08:10 PM »

After I initially log in it takes me to a blank white page with http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=login2;PHPSESSID=SESSION_ID_NUMBERS in the address bar. I have to click on the address bar to give it focus then hit Enter to get it to take me to the forum index page. Then I'm able to browse the forums like I normally would after logging in.

The same thing happens when I log out. It again takes me to a blank white page and if I click the address bar to give it focus then hit Enter it takes me to a page that says:

"An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."

I'm using Firefox 16.0.2 on FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE-p3. I have Scripting enabled for the forums and don't see what could be the problem, as I've never experienced this on any other forum I've been to. I am able to log in and out, but not without that extra step like I should be able to. Just wanted to let you know.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 10:49:12 PM »

After I initially log in it takes me to a blank white page with http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=login2;PHPSESSID=SESSION_ID_NUMBERS in the address bar. I have to click on the address bar to give it focus then hit Enter to get it to take me to the forum index page. Then I'm able to browse the forums like I normally would after logging in.

The same thing happens when I log out. It again takes me to a blank white page and if I click the address bar to give it focus then hit Enter it takes me to a page that says:

"An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."

I'm using Firefox 16.0.2 on FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE-p3. I have Scripting enabled for the forums and don't see what could be the problem, as I've never experienced this on any other forum I've been to. I am able to log in and out, but not without that extra step like I should be able to. Just wanted to let you know.

We've been plagued with intermittent internal server errors for a while now and are hoping to resolve them soon.  This may be related, but it's the first I've heard this specific error reported.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you   sad

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 11:06:47 PM »

thank you for the information, does any other has this problems?!?!?
usually for testing purposes i log in log out with no problem, lol but usually i never logout wink
i just dont save the passwords on public computers cheesy

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
kabuki
Forums Freshman

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 03:08:31 AM »

thank you for the information, does any other has this problems?!?!?

Once I'm logged in I can browse to any of the sub-forums, post images, etc. My only concern was that I didn't want to just shut the browser on the blank page without it logging me out completely. I can clear everything in the address bar behind http://www.fractalforums.com/ then hit Enter and it finishes logging me out like it should, so it's not a big thing.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 03:34:05 AM »

just checked it, and log out worked fine with reloading the page

but ok, as a starter, it is enough for you to see the blank page, because at this time the server already has you logged out ( proof: by loading the "/" root site you are not logged in anymore )

i think i know what could be going on here, due to some reason you have deactivated automatic forwarding, because might it be that the server responds with a blank redirection site after loggin out !?! i am unsure how the forums handles this, but this could something you can check for me, have you tried another browser just for veryfying that it is a problem on your side and not on ours ?! -> because for me it works, so it has to be something on your side ...

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
kabuki
Forums Freshman

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 03:57:00 AM »

i think i know what could be going on here, due to some reason you have deactivated automatic forwarding, because might it be that the server responds with a blank redirection site after loggin out !?! i am unsure how the forums handles this, but this could something you can check for me, have you tried another browser just for veryfying that it is a problem on your side and not on ours ?! -> because for me it works, so it has to be something on your side ...

I tried it with Seamonkey 2.13.2 and it logged me in and out of the forums without any problems.

Usually if it there is an issue with redirection when logging into a forum using Firefox it will be scripting related and a page will present itself with a link to click to complete redirection. I have scripting enabled for the forums, but it's no doubt something on my side since Seamonkey isn't having the same problem. Sorry to bother you with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: