Logo by Tglad - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 09:55:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Password protected parameters sharing!!  (Read 6460 times)
Description: Is just a ideea to stop thiefs from outside FF to steal paremeters....
Tahyon
Iterator

Joldos Dan Emanuel
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2012, 04:37:07 PM »

Of course i want a fair use.... im always for fair use , but against theifs that stole everything , i understand you Torsten !;)

is not about me ...not at all , is about users and artists that are ripped...i would like to have sort of protection but if it has no real mean, then is just a idea....i dont want to revenge on anybody but i would like to see their faces when they cant open it ....for the rest we can share the params as  till now, i have nothing against sharing , i have something with those thiefs and as i said is not just about me ...
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 08:40:15 PM »

Since copyright protection on computer games, video and music is completely and utterly pointless how anyone can think that some sort of protection for parameter files is a good idea is beyond me.
If you don't want a parameter file ripped off, then don't share it in public, if you want to share a technique then produce a simple render that uses it and share that - it's not rocket science.
If you don't want a print-size image ripped off then don't share a print-sized image. etc. but worrying about folks ripping off web-sized images say up to 1280 pixels in the largest dimension is a waste of time and energy.

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2012, 09:05:14 PM »

Of course i want a fair use...
for sure, i know. just thought, that it's not your main intension.

@David
yeah, couldn't say better!  grin

beyond that i still believe in humans. those thieves are not a dark faceless crowd of demons, they are humans.
let him who is without sin cast the first stone.  praying
i'm fully convinced, that you can avoid at least 50% of possible theft, just by marking your params as not public domain.

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Tahyon
Iterator

Joldos Dan Emanuel
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2012, 09:56:49 PM »

lets forget about the password thing, but there must be a better way so we can share here on FF prams without being ripped, i don't know , i am for sharing, but in a safe mode and for FF community.....thief's are humans too?hahahah.... I lived long enough to hear that too! That was really funny one Torsten!;) A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 10:02:48 PM by Tahyon » Logged
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2012, 10:07:55 PM »

one rule for ff was always that everything is visible for non registered users, this is because else no one would get informed about what is going on here, some forums offer some kind of "spoiler" plugin, so that attachments are only available for registered users, since mb3d files are easily shared via copy and paste, this should be some kind of of tagging system like [spoilerjustforregisteredusers]content to be protected [/spoilerjustforregisteredusers] but i am unsure how to search for a plugin for that, if someone knows about such a smf modification let me know....

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Tahyon
Iterator

Joldos Dan Emanuel
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 10:19:14 PM »

My intention was not really about password protection but more for safely share params on FF for the FF comunitty without being ripped from outsiders...something like that..i know is impossible to protect anything and its pointless to do that , but if FF will  offer a safe zone where we can share parameters away for public eye, that would be even greater ....thats was my real intention....
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 10:27:59 PM »

yay, i am going to look out for something like this, so, if anyone has a hint for me point me to it!

---

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2012, 05:29:08 PM »

@tahyon we came to the result that for the usability of the forums we wont have any restricted area, so, you should act like this:

- share them publicly
- do not share them
- share them on request.

---

Tahyon
Iterator

Joldos Dan Emanuel
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2012, 09:05:57 PM »

works fine that way too! A Beer Cup A Beer Cup
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2012, 11:28:21 PM »

just to bring back to mind. a good compromise is, to give your parameters absurd light, depth and gamma settings. the geometry is left untouched and a noob won't be able to bring out its beauty. in m3d very easy to make. grin
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 12:25:54 AM by taurus66 » Logged

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2012, 11:39:54 PM »

a noob won't be able to bring out its beauty.
... and the noob will write a bug report coz his MB3D appears to be broken...  grin
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2012, 11:47:10 PM »

... and the noob will write a bug report coz his MB3D appears to be broken...  grin

now i understand everything!  A round beer for everyone  cheesy

A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup
Tahyon
Iterator

Joldos Dan Emanuel
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2012, 01:34:07 PM »

I fluffing hate noobs ..lol  tease, i like to terror  them on Facebook evil , otherwise i'll be bored to death ..hahahahah...sick of all the crap on DA and FB.....beer for everyone ...for noobs too smiley)hahahah   A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup
Tahyon
Iterator

Joldos Dan Emanuel
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2012, 01:38:31 PM »

their not even noobs , their spammers , absolutelly spamming with tones of fractals/day , now i dont think the Jesse or kali created this beautiful softwares just for stupid noobs without any real interes for fractals use it in a very stupid way ... thats why im so sick on them and evry time i have the chance on FB i rip a part of their soul and hang it on my wall as tropheee...smiley)hahaha
Tahyon
Iterator

Joldos Dan Emanuel
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2012, 01:48:37 PM »

some people  like to explain them in a kind way till their realise that their talking to the walls...i got no patience with that , i prefer to take them by the neck , hit them against the wall 3-4 times , rip the fluffing souls of them and thats all  :evil1:hahahah...got no patience with them anymore........specially those from facebook ...lol 
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: