Logo by fractalwizz - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 07:35:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Color sliders on mandelbulb 3d  (Read 6976 times)
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 02:37:26 PM »

...the only positive thing for me is, the reason i rarely see real challenging rotboxes in m3d gallery (in older images as well) is not, that tey are hard to make...

Hrrmpfffffff… They might not be "challenging" to you Taurus… but fact is I did the very first rotated mandelboxes with MB3D a long time ago… (Of course, not the same kind of rotbox as Buddhi later added to mandelbulber)
…the rest of the story is that bib asked me how I did them, I told him, and he "shared it with the community" wink

Later I left the rotbox to find new interesting hybrids...  afro A Beer Cup

Clic the links under the thumb to get the big image:

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=3809

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=4403

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=5247

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=4696

bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2012, 02:40:34 PM »

…the rest of the story is that bib asked me how I did them, I told him, and he "shared it with the community" wink

My mistake, I know you will eternally blame me for having revealed your secret smiley

Beers are on me next time wink

PS: that was the first image I did using the concept:

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2012, 02:46:44 PM »

I will gladly share a beer with you J, no hard feelings for that!  A Beer Cup
Someone (probably you) would have rotated those boxes some day anyway... smiley

taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2012, 03:40:19 PM »

Hrrmpfffffff… They might not be "challenging" to you Taurus… but fact is I did the very first rotated mandelboxes with MB3D a long time ago… (Of course, not the same kind of rotbox as Buddhi later added to mandelbulber)

i claimed a lot of things half-cooked here, sorry for that. i should have added "lately", becuse i didn't look back that far. and i know - regarding all that stunning hybrids - for m3d users the rotbox is water under the bridge (the more i was surprised to win the current film compo with a rotbox). i'd never dare to call any of your images "not challenging" the opposite rather true...  embarrass

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2012, 04:05:15 PM »

i claimed a lot of things half-cooked here, sorry for that. i should have added "lately", becuse i didn't look back that far. and i know - regarding all that stunning hybrids - for m3d users the rotbox is water under the bridge (the more i was surprised to win the current film compo with a rotbox). i'd never dare to call any of your images "not challenging" the opposite rather true...  embarrass

Hehe, no problems T, I just had to smash that ball really hard!  afro
(Is this the thread about Color sliders BTW? smiley )

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2012, 05:42:18 PM »

I was able to create the ultimate monster cheesy ... An Amazing box with;

1. You can rotate it as liked. The rotation is applied just before the C addition (Buddhi's method).
2. The sphere inversion can be fully customized; center, radius and MinR.
3. X and Y folds are rotatable.
4. Additionally, you can switch on Abs() functions for x,y,z to get abs-boxes.

I made it in two versions, because the xy folds in the correct, conformal version imply a complicated chain of rotations and un-rotations fiery ... The uncorrect one is pretty anyway. Going to upload. smiley

With it you can easily create hexagonal mandelboxes and other strange monsters that I can not imagine! cheesy

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2012, 09:53:59 PM »

While I look forward to the ultimate monster version, I'd like to add a request myself
The use photo as BG is a great option, but I wish you could decide where in Z you add the photo to cut geometry where you don't want it, or...even better would be to allow for a layered Photoshop file as a BG and assign Z depth by layer

(Yes I know I'm being a real pain in the ass...but if you don't ask cheesy)

And Johan...those early works you use in this thread are simply some of the best 3D fractals ever made and always will be... (I missed where BIB told your secrets....please give link:D)
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2012, 10:37:25 PM »

please give link:D)
smiley there you go: http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=3810

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2012, 10:40:16 PM »

Hehe, no problems T, I just had to smash that ball really hard!  afro
(Is this the thread about Color sliders BTW? smiley )
rolling on floor laughing

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2012, 09:12:26 AM »

And Johan...those early works you use in this thread are simply some of the best 3D fractals ever made and always will be... (I missed where BIB told your secrets....please give link:D)

Wow, thank you Louis... Maybe I should go back to my rotbox some day and see what's up...
And bib gave you the link a few posts up ^ ^ ^

rolling on floor laughing
wink

And Luca... You are just crazy!!!  afro afro afro ...Cool
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 02:12:42 PM by KRAFTWERK » Logged

taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2012, 09:59:09 AM »

I was able to create the ultimate monster cheesy ... An Amazing box with....

LOL if all my silly mistakes led to omnipotent software monsters, i'd try to do some more of them. and i was never afraid of a little bit of mockery, think i deserved it this time  wink
please note that my first statements here, were some sort of "nagging for peace". tried to bar darkbeam from beating on lalla again and again. in this manner i was successful.  afro
looking forward to see a possible rebirth of the rotbox.

and big thanks to darkbeam and jesse for the effort...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 10:51:01 AM by taurus66 » Logged

taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2012, 08:45:52 AM »

for those interrested: just started a new thread here http://www.fractalforums.com/mandelbulb-software/rotboxes-mandelbulber-vs-abox-platinum/msg50989/#msg50989 to compare mandelber rotboxes with abox platinum ports.

Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2012, 04:44:15 PM »

There are much offtopic here, but i think, it would be nice to have more easy colour rotation density options.
I real don't understand 2 colour sliders with something like starting colour and ending colour both for outside and inside colours. In UF there are colour rotation and multiplication. In Fractal Explorer there are colour rotation, density and, well actualy the same as in UF. In m3d result is unintuitevely.

fractal catalisator
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2012, 04:15:03 PM »

taurus66 
i didn't like the more of this and more of that requests too, but sometimes remaining silent is also a good answer.
IMHO, too arogant, there are too much silent answers, I would prefare more comments and discussions, preferably polite, coz unpolite answers very much distracts new users. And if none would answer 3 sTupID qUEsTioNs, there wouldn't be initiated quite an interesting discussion about rotboxes;)
They say, one d-mb-ss can ask more questions than 3 wise man could answer grin

Sockratease
I think the best answer would be to somehow implement import of .map files as used in so many fractal generators   

This would satisfy everyone as there are many tools for making or editing such files, and they can even be made in a text editor!
Map colours must be addapted for M3D use first, becouse in 2D colours looks a bitt different than in 3D. Surface is fractal inside, and alsou there lightning, shadow, textures... Too much colours and contrast distract from this and very often looks as noise. IMHO best result I got when I just took a best part of the Fractint colour file and then expanded it to the whole M3D colour map.

There are map file generators, but then they are 2D adapted and adapted for old colour methods (just too much colours).

Maybe someone (say taurus66 ) should make some very short tutorial on Rotboxes with some 2, 3 step by step examples how to got cool pics. So if you download M3D for a first time you can look what it is and how to make them by yourself. Its not so intuitevely or ready tu use. So then there would be much more good pictures ower deviantart;)

fractal catalisator
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: