Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 10:18:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: yFract 1.0.7 out - many sample images and a video  (Read 2464 times)
yv3
Conqueror

« on: October 30, 2011, 10:01:57 AM »

A new version (1.0.7) has been uploaded!

changes:

- optimized zoom speed in explore mode
- added subfolder support to the select overlay image functionality.
- The new release contains updated overlay images in subfolders
- other small improvements

Im proud of the overlay image functionality. It produces very nice and intresting images out of simple source images. Most of the following images are a combination of classical fractals with renders of the sierpinski fractal. The result can be called a "fractal" in my opinion because the source image is not just used as an overlay image, it takes part in the fractal formula that is used. This is done in a secret way that i found when i was playing around with the source code wink All i can say that the real and imaginary part of "z" are modified at each iteration.

And a simple video with the "circuits"-image:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1VfWZog63DA&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/1VfWZog63DA&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

My personal "art machine" is nearly complete! smiley. Only the following functions are planned for future:

- optional yFract-watermark for write to file and create video function
- Select palette function where you can view and compare all palettes of a category together, with favourite-palette-flag (you can call this function already with the key "End" but its not working now, only the start screen is visible)

Download newest Version from http://yv3.bplaced.net/files/yFract.exe

Have fun!

-----

Update 03.11.2011:

Finally i fixed a very annoying bug where the mouse cursor was trapped in the upper-left corner of the window when switching back to Desktop (Alt-Tab) in fullscreen mode!! This is a bug in the SDL library that i fixed with an workaround. The "hardware mouse cursor" must be enabled as a workaround. But i don't wanted to display such cursor in yFract, i wanted a self-drawn text-mode software cursor that is rendered by the application. Now i set a totally transparent cursor as the hardware cursor and everything works fine!

Now you can let yFract render a image or video and you can switch back to Desktop and do something else until yFract is finished with the rendering. Use Fullscreen and turn off the status bars (press tab key in explore mode) if you are a experienced yFract-user! Its a more intensive exploring fractals in fullscreen.

Here is the latest version: http://yv3.bplaced.net/files/yFract.exe

have fun
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 08:33:44 PM by yv3, Reason: Bugfix » Logged

Creator of yFract
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: