Logo by Tglad - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 06:26:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbrot Distance Estimator Zoom  (Read 3606 times)
Description: A zoom in a 3d Mandelbrot using the Distance Estimator method...
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: March 25, 2008, 10:00:53 AM »

afro

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XPy-ItAuQi0&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/XPy-ItAuQi0&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 10:12:48 AM »

cool vid!

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 11:10:46 AM »

Why is it that you get such better results with Mutatorkammer than me??

Oh...

Wait...

Nevermind.

Great Job!  Distance Estimating seems to really help with the Mandlebrot renders in your program.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 11:34:34 AM »

cheesy cheesy do not worry, a new version is on the way, right now i am implementing a little scripting modul like in apophysis for better control of random functions
beside of that i finally managed to incorporate the coloring algorithms found in ultrafractal in a more convenient way, be surprised ....

this movie has then been done by simply taking an apfel(0,$PIXEL) function with distance estimator as outside coloring and constant color inside

beside of that the user interface gots pimped up, but i have nothing to release yet, in the next weeks i do hope that i have a new release ready !

police

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 12:53:41 PM »

pimped up

afro

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: