Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 11:19:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fundamental structural changes proposed to whole FF forum  (Read 1055 times)
heneganj
« on: October 05, 2006, 09:56:03 AM »

Hi we have some suggestions about restructuring the entire forum.  Take a look at 'discussing fractal fractal forums' in the 'Fractal Community' board.
rloldershaw
Navigator

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 05:53:21 PM »

Hi Jason,

I would be more than a bit wary about any plan for largescale reorganization after such a short time.  My general advice is to take it slow: improving things one step at a time, and being sure that any change is truly for the better.  There should be a clear explanation of why any particular change is needed, and some consensus for change among those who actually use that particular part of the forum.

PS I share your reaction to the recent "pump and dump" display.  Also, naming a mathematical entity after oneself is not done in polite circles.  We have seen some interesting examples of self-promotion and ego-centrism.  A little bit is ok, and natural, but ...

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: