Logo by kr0mat1k - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 09:49:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulb 3d formulas  (Read 10589 times)
paolo
Explorer

« on: June 04, 2011, 11:47:42 PM »

grin Mandelbulb 3d is a wonderful program with dozens of formulas. However some are faster and better than others in my opinion. Wouldn't it be lovely if there either there was a way of filtering formulas and having an option of hiding some of them? Or there could be a way of placing some formulas in a 'My Favorites' folder.  Thank you.
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 12:48:06 AM »

Yes, you are absolutely right  smiley
I already thought of some classification the sort of easy and difficult, or maybe fast/slow good/bad distance estimates.
But that might be not that easy to predict for combinations and such... nevertheless a kind of sorting would be helpful.

If there were not so many things on the list to do, you know  shocked  and so less time.  A Beer Cup
mrcharles
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 03:36:14 AM »

I second Paolo's suggestion. The scope of formulas has grown tremendously and it is difficult to keep them all straight (I won't even pretend that I can).

Furthermore, Jesse, I wish to thank you again for your diligence and your generosity. You have crafted an absolutely wonderful piece of software. It has provided me with many wonder filled journeys. May you go from strength to strength.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 02:37:58 PM »

please, if you like you can add mandelbulb3 formulas with icons/images to the existing ulrtrafractalwiki, it could
easily be extended to a mandelbulb3d wiki, let me know if anyone is interested in incorporating mandelbulb3d/mandelbulber into the wiki:

http://ultrafractalwiki.fractalforums.com/

especially i mean the example section, wich is quite good:
http://ultrafractalwiki.fractalforums.com/Examples_by_Image_Index

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: