Logo by MarkJayBee - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 08:45:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Seeds of Birds on Sands of Brine  (Read 1026 times)
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« on: May 29, 2011, 09:36:10 PM »

Seeds of Birds on Sands of Brine

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=7448

Ok, I have to admit that the title sounds a little over the top, but I didn't want to call it " A Couple o' Eggs on the Beach"... And it also alliterated nicely  grin

But seriously, this bird is a special one. You only have to look at the eggs to see. Must be hell for the lady bird to get these out, by the way, but that's not the main reason for it being special. No, the truly amazing thing is the fact that this species always lays a nest of 18 eggs, neatly arranged in a double matrix of 3X3. Even more extraordinary is that the second layer is floating above the first and is kept in perfect balance. Biologists around the globe have been researching the phenomenon, but the mechanism is still a mystery.

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: