Logo by Jimpan1973 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 06:50:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: The Old Post-Processing Fractal Art Discussion  (Read 7902 times)
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« on: July 03, 2007, 10:16:19 PM »

Greetings,

Over the past few days, there have been some interesting conversations on the "Orbit Trap" blog <http://orbittrap.blogspot.com/>, with such topics as:

Has Ultra Fractal become the Walmart of fractal art? -- Tim Hodkinson (July 04, 2007)

Take It to the Limitations -- Terry Wright (July 01, 2007)

The Myth of the Post-Processing Bias -- Damien Jones  (June 28, 2007)

A Dream of Post Post-Processing -- Terry Wright (June 26, 2007)

Why I don't use Ultra Fractal -- Tim Hodkinson  (June 23, 2007)

Whether one agrees or disagrees has been an issue amongst those creating fractal images for many years now.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 07:56:48 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

doncasteel8587
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 11:43:18 PM »

Maybe the best proof yet, that Fractals are Art...

Every person, whether they like fractals or not, can appreciate any single fractal over another according to their own personal likes and dislikes.

...... sounds like Art to me grin
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 06:11:12 AM »

pretty cool blog smiley i had to refute them on the "all fractal artists post-process and that no one fractal tool is proprietary" point though.

some good points are raised, and an interesting mix of styles and opinions are represented.

lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 12:45:09 AM »

a lot of mud slinging going on there... too many of the members are really touchy Sceptical

"In the FAQ section of the calendars Fractal Forum, the editors state they try to produce a calendar that is representative of the current state of our art. Heres the link. Now I ask you. Is this statement an accurate description of the final product? Or would a more honest tag line be: a compilation of mostly fractal spiral forms made mainly using Ultra Fractal?"

lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 08:17:00 AM »

the blog has just gone nuclear :|

i don't see how they can have such a negative opinion of you; of course i'm lacking context but you've been nothing but helpful on this forum.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 08:38:37 AM by lycium » Logged

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 12:50:12 AM »

a lot of mud slinging going on there...  too many of the members are really touchy  Sceptical

When it comes to any two people getting together to discuss the topics of "fractals" and "art", then there usually will be a lot of controversy.  It was never this bad about ten years ago.  But with the advent of a specific group of individuals (let's call them the "Fractali") they have done their best to control the market and ideas of what "fractal art" is.

"In the FAQ section of the calendars Fractal Forum, the editors state they try to produce a calendar that is representative of the current state of our art.  Heres the link.  Now I ask you.  Is this statement an accurate description of the final product?  Or would a more honest tag line be:  a compilation of mostly fractal spiral forms made mainly using Ultra Fractal?"

Very astute observation !!   grin

Something many of us have been saying since the beginning of that particular Calendar.  They say it is "open" for anybody to submit images and participate in.  But look through the history of images and those that get represented in the Calendar.    wink

BTW -- would not the singular version of "Fractali" probably be "Fractalus" ??   wink   grin    tongue stuck out

« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 12:52:09 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 12:57:23 AM »

the blog has just gone nuclear :|
i don't see how they can have such a negative opinion of you; of course i'm lacking context but you've been nothing but helpful on this forum.

People to tend to react that way out of fear over things they do not understand, or because they feel threatened by a superior knowledge.    wink   cheesy    grin 

They also hate it when somebody comes along and shows the world what the truth really is, especially when the others are attempting to create their own "special" version of the facts and history.     tongue stuck out

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: