Logo by Timeroot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 03:23:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fractrace is now open to the public!  (Read 3845 times)
doncasteel8587
« on: May 10, 2007, 02:45:47 PM »

There are two new images on the homepage to my 3D fractal raytracer "Fractrace"

Please take a look at: https://fractrace.dev.java.net/

The project is now open to the public so you can request access the files and source code, and subscribe to the new mailing lists.

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 08:54:54 PM »

...the homepage to my 3D fractal raytracer "Fractrace":
Please take a look at: https://fractrace.dev.java.net/
The project is now open to the public so you can request access the files and source code, and subscribe to the new mailing lists.

I was hoping that I could download the files necessary to give your application a trial run, but could not find a direct link to any download area.  So it appears one has to get Registered with that site, then get Logged In, before anything becomes available??  Or does one also have to Join the Project as well as Registering and Logging In??

doncasteel8587
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 09:16:13 PM »

For people Ive known a while who dont want to register or join the project, I'll be happy to email the source code to you by request.

But I'll encourage interested people to join the project. My intent is that this becomes a community project, so to contribute, yes, you do have to register, and then request membership to the project.
If you use a username that I know, like "Nahee" I'll grant you access as soon as I see the request.
All of the menu items are on the left side of the page.
The source code is accessable via CSV once your in and approved.

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 11:20:36 PM by doncasteel8587 » Logged
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 02:37:08 AM »

> If you have trouble viewing the stereo image, here's a link to some good pointers (thanks to lucium)

credit isn't necessary, but if you're going to pls spell it right cheesy

doncasteel8587
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 12:18:55 PM »

How the heck did I screw that one up? undecided

I fixed it. Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 12:23:09 PM by doncasteel8587 » Logged
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 01:11:50 PM »

that's no problem at all mate, no def no need to apologise! smiley

btw, feel free to send the src my way; i can't promise i'll look at it soon (time is severely over-accounted for atm), but perhaps i can help here and there in an unofficial capacity.

doncasteel8587
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 03:34:11 PM »

lycium

Right now all I've made available is the SunGrid batch renderer. I'm running it from within NetBeans with compute utility installed, and it will run without actually using SunGrid ($$).

The reason I've made it available is to let people have a look at how it works so I can get feedback to help develop a user friendly designer interface. I am starting work on the new designer interface now, but am starting from scratch because the application I've been using is really really messy. It shouldn't take long to make something cleaner available.

If you'd like the source for the compute server app I'll be happy to zip it up and send it to you.

Otherwise, I'll plan on sending you the designer app once I have something clean that works.

I look forward to your input and insight, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: