Logo by fractalwizz - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 12:22:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Just something I want to share..  (Read 2336 times)
titia
« on: December 15, 2006, 11:07:56 AM »

This isn't chit-chat, but it is just something I want to talk about, I hope you understand.. in a way it is fractal related...cancer is fractallike, and I am very fractalrelated too :-).

Yesterdaymorning the nurse told me I looked like a birdie...
Yes...I know, my body looks fragile and weak...but inside it must be still very strong.
No..., I'm not sure I am very happy with that...

But...I don't want to write about sad things, I think you know them, so...

My cancer-treatment is palliative, it means I can't be cured, but my life can be extended, maybe even for some years.
But there has to be a balance between quality and quantity in life, and quality is more important.
The chemo's are very heavy and there are so many side-effects...
It lookes as if the cancer is at rest at the moment. That is why the docter and I decided to have a break. To have some quality in life again.

Maybe my body will be a bit stronger when Christmas arrives, maybe my taste will be better again: not the taste of chemo.
Oh, I am really looking forwards to that :-)

Titia
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 11:55:13 AM »

Hi Titia, my best wishes in your fight to keep your quality of life as long as possible. I confess I have not much idea what struggling with cancer is like - my worst time was when I had suspected appendicitis smiley and I've not known anyone close who's suffered with cancer.

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
eNZedBlue
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 12:08:19 PM »

titia,

Yesterdaymorning the nurse told me I looked like a birdie...
Whenever I used to ask my grandad how he was doing, he used to tell me he felt "like a box of birds!". I still have no idea what he meant by that, lol.

I hope you have a Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year, or vice versa. Best wishes.
GFWorld
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 06:02:35 PM »

Oh, I am really looking forwards to that :-)
Titia
Beside all Titia I really enyoy to read this - my thoughts are with you the whole time wink
I send you some Christmas Decoration, Foto from today, a very simple play now with Fe Sterlingware and Texture here  smiley

Margit
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 12:25:57 PM »

I'm glad you emphasize Quality of Life!

You have a healthy outlook and I wish you The Best!

Peace.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
titia
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 08:48:13 AM »

Dancing in the Night

This is one of my oldest fractalimages: "Dancing in the Night".
I thought it was a fitting image/title for what I wanted to tell....

The doctor, my husband and I have decided to go on with the "quality of life" treatment. At the moment the cancersymptoms are far less aggravating than the side-effects of the chemo. The chemo is solely palliative and could extend my life more, but I think it is better to enjoy life than to have many years. Besides....in the end I will die anyway.

I am very grateful to God He has given me belief: I am not afraid of death...and I am not afraid to live.
Because of my belief I have no stress, no fright for the things to come.

So....I am Dancing in the Night :-)

love,
Titia

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: