Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 01:14:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Poll
Question: Please select
Europe - 184 (48.8%)
Africa - 2 (0.5%)
Asia - 14 (3.7%)
America - 155 (41.1%)
Other - 22 (5.8%)
Total Voters: 287

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Poll: Where are you from?  (Read 35765 times)
Description: Fractals are universal, what about fractalforums members?
Thunderwave
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 06:42:06 AM »

Thanks Bib!  Interesting stuff! cheesy
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 07:59:51 AM »

woooo~ go new zealand  afro

i think garth thornton (xenodream) is here in wellington too smiley

MarkJayBee
Fractal Fertilizer

Markjaybee Fractal Mark_Jay_Bee
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 11:07:52 AM »

Interesting stats bib - I hail from North Ayrshire, in jolly old Scotland  cheesy

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you ever tried in the first place.

http://markjaybeefractal.com/
http://mjb-graphics.co.uk/
http://deviantart.com/markjaybee/
hobold
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 05:20:16 PM »

But really I live mostly in my mind. evil
Shouldn't we, like, constantly be running into all kinds of people up there?  grin
Thunderwave
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 06:15:44 PM »

Shouldn't we, like, constantly be running into all kinds of people up there?  grin
You see them too...  cheesy
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 08:28:23 PM »

I used to hear them mumbling, but then I was prescribed some tablets and they went away....now I've stopped taking the tablets and they haven't come back (yet) smiley

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
Tglad
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 02:41:32 AM »

According to the poll I'm from the Other continent. Logging in from Brisbane.  afro
Thunderwave
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 03:03:38 AM »

I used to hear them mumbling, but then I was prescribed some tablets and they went away....now I've stopped taking the tablets and they haven't come back (yet) smiley

I'm sorry to hear that.  If only the tablet could take away they negative ones and leave the positive ones. grin
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 04:13:58 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that.  If only the tablet could take away they negative ones and leave the positive ones. grin

That would have been brilliant had it been possible, especially if I could have worked out definitively if it was just a mental defect or some form of paranormal communication cheesy
The problem was actually the fact that it was "mumbling" - exactly like hearing a TV or radio from too far away to tell what was being said - so I had no way of telling whether the voice/s were negative or positive or some of each.
My unfortunate habit of analysing and rethinking everything from first principles made this a bad situation for me especially as it was usually worst when trying to sleep.
I basically went through 1. Is there actually a TV or radio on somewhere ? answer NO. 2. Am I just going insane ? 3. Is it telepathy ? 4. Is it Aliens ? 5. Is it ghosts ? 6. Is any option 3 to 5 good ? 7. Is any option 3 to 5 bad ? 8. Is there any way to prove or rule out options 3 to 5 ? 9. Go back to 1.

The only remaining really odd "symptom" is an occaissional "tickle" in my left ear, this used to happen before I started the tablets and came back when I stopped taking them. Otherwise I just seem to be slightly more emotional than when I was taking the tablets.

bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 09:23:48 AM »

According to the poll I'm from the Other continent. Logging in from Brisbane.  afro

Sorry. Should we say Asia/Pacific. To my knowledge, the 5 officiel continents do not include Australia.

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Thunderwave
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 09:40:39 AM »

Sorry. Should we say Asia/Pacific. To my knowledge, the 5 officiel continents do not include Australia.
http://geography.about.com/od/learnabouttheearth/qt/qzcontinents.htm

That would have been brilliant had it been possible, especially if I could have worked out definitively if it was just a mental defect or some form of paranormal communication cheesy
The problem was actually the fact that it was "mumbling" - exactly like hearing a TV or radio from too far away to tell what was being said - so I had no way of telling whether the voice/s were negative or positive or some of each.
My unfortunate habit of analysing and rethinking everything from first principles made this a bad situation for me especially as it was usually worst when trying to sleep.
I basically went through 1. Is there actually a TV or radio on somewhere ? answer NO. 2. Am I just going insane ? 3. Is it telepathy ? 4. Is it Aliens ? 5. Is it ghosts ? 6. Is any option 3 to 5 good ? 7. Is any option 3 to 5 bad ? 8. Is there any way to prove or rule out options 3 to 5 ? 9. Go back to 1.

The only remaining really odd "symptom" is an occaissional "tickle" in my left ear, this used to happen before I started the tablets and came back when I stopped taking them. Otherwise I just seem to be slightly more emotional than when I was taking the tablets.

Down the rabbit hole we go.
Tglad
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 09:57:45 AM »

@Bib- Who knows smiley every book seems to have different names and numbers of continents.

David, I'm not a doctor but if you look online you may be surprised at the number of people with similar symptoms, so I'm sure its not 1 to 5. For a period I used to get this weird really loud BANG in my head just before going to sleep, then I stumbled upon this chat group where hundreds had reported in describing exactly the same symptoms and how they thought they must be going insane, its actually called 'exploding head syndrome'!!  It went away after a while... I think perhaps I had been working too hard and not giving myself a break.
visual.bermarte
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2010, 12:11:29 PM »

Piacenza (Italy).
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2010, 01:40:23 PM »

someone ought to produce some fractal image based on this dataset smiley
Yay for #18 smiley
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2010, 03:32:04 PM »

Don't worry about it, I know it's a relatively common condition - specifically it's pschyzophrenia and in my case was brought on by too much weed combined with overwork and did reach the acute stage where I was "on another planet", clinically psychotic and suffering depression and paranoia too. When treated initially with chlorpromazine I asked the doctor was I on a high dose as it was making me very sleepy and lethargic - he said that I was on enough to put an elephant to sleep.
Fortunately my prescription was changed to risperidone and reduced to just 1mg a day, that worked far batter than the chlorpromazine and as I said I'm now even off the risperidone.
Because of my experiences I no longer believe that marijuana/cannabis should be classed as a safe drug, though I do still believe it's properties need investigating further to produce beneficial drugs (in particular for relief of acute/chronic pain).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 03:39:41 PM by David Makin » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: