Logo by teamfresh - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 12:51:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Space Lotus  (Read 1670 times)
aluminumstudios
Conqueror

« on: August 29, 2010, 04:43:44 AM »

Hi everyone.

I've I've seen the "Buddhabrot" rendering of the Tricorn (aka mandelbar) fractal before and seen it referred to as "Space Lotus" since it resembles a flower, albeit a bit other-worldly looking.

Since "Buddhabrot" style renderings are essentially projections of 4D data, I wanted make a video with a few rotations on different axis to see what the actual structure of space lotus is like.  I haven't had much time for fractals lately, so this isn't a detailed tour, just a little exploration.  This fractal is certainly interesting though and warrants a detailed "tour" once I get the time to work on a new project.  This video does have a zooming rotation at the end that is a little interesting.  If you look quick you'll notice this thing is full of mini-space lotuses AND mini-mandelbrot bulbs.

The original was rendered at 1080x720 with 30 frames per second and took about 2.5 days on my 2.16GHz Core2Duo Macbook using software I wrote in C++.

I'm not really enamored with the compression YouTube did, so here is an .mp4 (about 50 megs) for download which looks cleaner:
http://www.aluminumstudios.com/media/wmilberry-space_lotus.mp4

Also, here is a YouTube link:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UFE_5P3RHVY&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/UFE_5P3RHVY&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
aluminumstudios
Conqueror

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 07:53:50 AM »

No comments, input?
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 11:26:41 AM »

It's very pretty.

The details upon zooming in were striking, but as you said - it's not a detailed tour, just a little exploration.  Might be fun to see more of the insides next time.

I still don't see a lotus in this guy anymore than I see a Buddha in the Buddhabrot, but I like both fractals quite a bit!

Keep up the good work  afro

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 12:28:27 PM »

Oh sorry, I saw this but then my internet connection went away :-/

It's great work cheesy And for a "little exploration", it already has a lot of great "detailed tour" elements smiley
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 12:42:28 PM »

It is beautiful, & thanks for the download! -Much better quality!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: