Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 01:36:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: trip to e228 (+remixes)  (Read 11425 times)
Power 8
Conqueror

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2010, 04:45:01 PM »

Wow Very deep zooming! fantastic! Bravo for your patience! This is the longest and deepest zoom I've seen, a good tribute to B. Mandelbrot.
German Fafian
Forums Freshman

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2010, 03:06:26 PM »

I am totally speechless  shocked

That is just as much as I am able to say  wink

Your physical abilities should not limit your creativity.
kek
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2011, 12:09:32 AM »

I like the effort you've put into this and think it's an interesting movie. II thionk you've done a magnificient job! I like the special effect in the end.
There are also a few things you could work on, I think you could do more with the colours, maybe look at color schemes of other artists.
It's a thing I often miss in fractal art though.

And well I don't like the music either.

Succes with further projects!
makc
Strange Attractor

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2011, 01:00:12 AM »

Would there be a possibility to export the relative iteration count as depth information, and to render two slightly offset views of the scene - thus resulting in a parallax effect? I think this would greatly enhance the tunnel effect and it would also give the fractal shapes some kind of 3D structure.
I think it would still look flat - you could prob get some bend in the image but not any decent kind of 3D.....
unless anyone else knows how to achieve this technique, I cant see how it would be done. tease
but I would love to see the equivalent of this animation in 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no, actually this is great idea, it is fairly easy to do with log map, if one knows palette. unfortunately, my log map of this video will probably be useless because of compression - it alters colors, so even if you know palette, you no longer can reliably match colors in the image sad maybe for next zoom? lol smiley although I can still try it if you send me palette.

here's what you need to do. 1st for god sake, render log map. it minimizes repeated calculations and saves time. for example, if you want your 1920x1080 super duper HD video, log map with width = PI sqrt (1920² + 1080²) = 7710 pixels. if anything, it will make good poster when it's finished smiley height of your zoom was somewhere in 80k-es, so in our example it would equal to 80k / 1024 * 7710 = 617k, but you could actually reduce this as much as you want at the expence of added radial blur.

any way, the point is, that even with max 617k pixels you have enough colors in rgb space to color it with unique colors. all you do then in 3D is stack N rectangles (one per frame) and for every rectangle cut the hole in it where colors are those that appear later in zoom. voila, you have 3D tonnel to fly through.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 01:04:34 AM by makc » Logged
makc
Strange Attractor

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2011, 01:11:54 AM »

you know what, I think I shall try this 1st with some shallow zoom, to see how well this theory would work  cheesy
Xazo-Tak
Navigator

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2011, 12:54:53 AM »

I would view it but I can't watch videos and render videos at the same time. But 6 months to render? Wow.

I lost the game!
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2016, 12:24:34 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RLQUKXTQGLI&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/RLQUKXTQGLI&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: