Logo by DsyneGrafix - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 07:42:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Evolute Fractal  (Read 5124 times)
Description: Java Application
fab1485
« on: May 01, 2010, 09:20:27 PM »

Hi there! We made a school project on Fractal.
Please find in this website the Jar file and code source to generate this application via (Eclipse, JCreater, Net-beans...).
http://www.evolute-fractale.c.la/
give me your comment about that prog.

Find in this website http://www.evolute-fractale.c.la/ a Java application to generate fractals.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 09:34:25 PM by Sockratease » Logged
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 09:36:07 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forums!

I removed your duplicate message, and added it's contents to this thread.

No need to announce it in too many places   police

I look forward to giving this a try!

I enjoy applications that can be used on both my PC and my Mac.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 09:49:55 PM »

I can't get the program  sad

The links for download all lead to "http://213.186.33.2/~weboufpa/fractal/index.php?page=download"  which is the download page itself, not the zip files with the software  cry

EDIT - Maybe there is an explanation on the page, but I do not speak French, so it's all Greek to me!

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
fab1485
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 10:55:17 PM »

I think there is a several bugs in Jar.
Here is the code source et bin
http://fab1485.hostse.com/Fractale_No_SVN.rar
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 11:19:59 PM »

Thank you  cheesy

But the bug is in the html code of the links, I can't get the jar files to test the software!  Unless there is more than just link problems going on here...

Unfortunately, the file you linked to is useless to me.  I don't compile software, just use it and have fun   embarrass  Where is the executable file??  This appears to be uncompiled, and I have no idea what to do with such files nerd

fab1485
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 12:43:07 AM »

Don't bother with that source. I'm giving you the executable file.
http://fab1485.hostse.com/fract.jar
hope will work in java runtime
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 01:09:42 AM »

Thank you very much for trying, but neither my Mac (OSX 10.5.2) nor my PC (Windows Vista) were able to run the file  cry 

But keep at it!

I'm sure you'll have it up and running soon.  With my other Java Fractal Generator  (Endlos by FractalForums.com member Dentaku, I just double clicked the .jar file, but it was in a folder with supporting files.  And if I recall correctly, the Windows version had a .bat file I needed to run once before it would launch for the first time.

Not sure if that helps, but I look forward to trying it out.

Meanwhile, why not post some images?  You just missed our Contest, but in the end, the imagery it can create is what generates interest in any particular Fractal Generator  afro

fab1485
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 04:57:36 PM »

Now the Evolute Fractal it's working.
http://fabrice1485.net16.net/Evolute_Fractal/fract.jar
Should be run with Java SE Binary.
(ps: modify the name of the file to execute)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 05:40:05 PM by fab1485 » Logged
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 05:57:02 PM »

Now the Evolute Fractal it's working.
http://fabrice1485.net16.net/Evolute_Fractal/fract.jar
Should be run with Java SE Binary.
(ps: modify the name of the file to execute)

How should we modify the filename?  I'd call it something silly, like I call all my own files, but I can't see that helping!

As it is, nothing happened on my Windows computers, and it "Quit Unexpectedly" before it even got started on my Mac!

I do have the latest Java Updates from Sun Corporation on both systems.

I assume you mean to change the file extension, but to what?  .app or .exe would not seem to be wise as this is a Javathingy, and .jar should be all that is needed for it to work on either Mac or PC platforms...

Good luck getting this working for us.

blob
Strange Attractor

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 07:15:26 PM »

As it is, nothing happened on my Windows computers, and it "Quit Unexpectedly" before it even got started on my Mac!

Try to put it in a path without spaces and it should then run instead of exiting.

I did download it on my desktop which is D:\Desktop and it ran fine, then I did put it in a folder named Evolute Fractal and it exited immediately on launch and after shortening the folder name to just Evolute it ran fine again.

Interesting app but it has a few weird  behaviors. Apart from the above I also found very annoying  to use the color editor because it disappears under the main window as you try to move the mouse towards it.   

grin
fab1485
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 01:38:47 AM »

Some pictures of Evolute fractal

(Julia)

smiley
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 03:29:43 AM by fab1485 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: