Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 02:26:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Kaleidoscopes!  (Read 7029 times)
Description: Let's make them..
aluminumstudios
Conqueror

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2010, 03:54:07 PM »

Art is in the eye of the beholder and there may very well be an aesthetic that I am missing, but I can't enjoy choppy animations with such low frame rates.  My personal suggestion would be to put a little more effort and render time into animations, then they may catch people's eyes better (at least mine.)

(I don't mean to be too harsh and I'm not implying that all fractal works has to be "flashy" to be enjoyable, but this is a little to minimalistic for my own tastes.)
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2010, 05:22:34 PM »

aluminumstudios-thanks for the feedback.  Still much to learn.. low frame rates. choppy.  I thought the lower the better??. (learning curve,  steep very steep!)

Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2010, 05:58:28 PM »

In ChaosPro (what I normally use for animations the frames per sec. has always been set at 15.  Never messed with it.  Now the FE I just recently started to play with. Really have not checked FPS.

aluminumstudios
Conqueror

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2010, 12:38:12 AM »

Movies are 24 frames/sec and TV is either 25 or 30 frames/sec depending weather you live in a country that uses the PAL standard (Europe) or the NTSC standard (America, Japan)

In general 25 frames/sec. or higher looks like smooth animation to the eye, while the eye can clearly detect a lack of smoothness or stutter with anything less.
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2010, 09:26:38 AM »

This looked like some crazy Amoeba doing its funky thing to the music! Cool jazz, cats,.. cool jazz!

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2010, 05:03:33 PM »

Although aluminumstudios is correct on my needing to take more time to render & increase the FPS on my videos.. I do agree with jehovah about the last video. It does not need to be smooth being that it had that "primitive" tribal look!  cheesy  Cool jazz..nah Blues bros, "Harmonica Blues"  But yes very funky! afro

JackOfTraDeZ
Explorer

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2010, 05:28:29 AM »

""Anyone else here have any animated ones?  Would really like to see!""

Yeah I got quite a few on my web site and youtube page, and i thinks i got these beat....

Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2010, 04:40:46 PM »

""Anyone else here have any animated ones?  Would really like to see!""

Yeah I got quite a few on my web site and youtube page, and i thinks i got these beat....

Talk is cheap!  Also did not know that this was a competition..    suspious

blob
Strange Attractor

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2010, 06:00:49 PM »

Interactive Flash kaleidoscopes if you're interested: http://darkpsychedelic.ru/index.html

afro
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2010, 04:56:41 PM »

Thanks blob.. very cool..except ya fel like the hampster on tread mill. having a good time but ya gotta know when to jump off! embarrass

Rathinagiri
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2010, 05:08:12 PM »

Great link Blob. Thanks for sharing.
teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2010, 10:05:13 PM »

I made a fractal zoom through a kaleidoscope - well sort of....

<a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4643333&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA" target="_blank">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4643333&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA</a>
if hd is on but if you have a slow line then click the hd icon to switch it off.
on the other hand - If you want the "crispest of the crisp" viewing experience!
then go to
http://    vimeo.com/4643333

you can download the original video file
from the video page  smiley smiley smiley smiley
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 10:24:28 PM by teamfresh » Logged

Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2010, 12:25:26 AM »

Nice video Teamfresh, buuttt, I think your kaleidoscope is broken! laugh

teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2010, 05:07:36 PM »

Nice video Teamfresh, buuttt, I think your kaleidoscope is broken! laugh
:rolling on floor laughing : well angel I tinkered around with it this morn and I have been cooking you up a little something today! I shall post it here in a few hours!! 

teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2010, 08:26:53 PM »

<a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=13230801&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA" target="_blank">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=13230801&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA</a>

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: