Logo by HPDZ - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 04:36:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: i made a movie with a realtime gpu fractal raytracer  (Read 3783 times)
rethread
Forums Freshman

« on: July 14, 2017, 01:30:38 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Z-8p00E_LjA&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/Z-8p00E_LjA&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

i hit the surface with binary honing off the last generation, so it uses feedback to go get the hit, then the render is a multisampled binary cooktorrence specular output, with moisture control.

I got these funny stringy things to appear everywhere, but i know the stuff is here is too good for this to maybe excite anybody,  im just uploading it because ive got nothing else,  not for a while.  But it does have a bit of gritty appeal to it, you dont see quite as much as what i tweaked it for here,  a bit later on in the video.

The next tracer im doing, is going to be a global illumination with lots of rebouncing, not just a single hit, and im going for a focused lambertian (narrower focus for more moisture) instead of cooktorrence,  and it should look pretty amazing.    ill even include subsurface scattering,  because ive got tonnes of gpu power for my next attempt!  so im going to use it all!!! smiley
hgjf2
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 08:41:26 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Z-8p00E_LjA&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/Z-8p00E_LjA&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

i hit the surface with binary honing off the last generation, so it uses feedback to go get the hit, then the render is a multisampled binary cooktorrence specular output, with moisture control.

I got these funny stringy things to appear everywhere, but i know the stuff is here is too good for this to maybe excite anybody,  im just uploading it because ive got nothing else,  not for a while.  But it does have a bit of gritty appeal to it, you dont see quite as much as what i tweaked it for here,  a bit later on in the video.

The next tracer im doing, is going to be a global illumination with lots of rebouncing, not just a single hit, and im going for a focused lambertian (narrower focus for more moisture) instead of cooktorrence,  and it should look pretty amazing.    ill even include subsurface scattering,  because ive got tonnes of gpu power for my next attempt!  so im going to use it all!!! smiley
Wow! This video just don't exist
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 10:32:24 AM »

Wow! This video just don't exist

Wow!

Somebody can't tell the difference between a video (accidentally?) set to "Private" and one that "just don't exist"

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
hgjf2
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 12:22:21 PM »

I believed that is link mistake.
Also and if the video is removed by user, occurs at video same error, not only at file not found on YOUTUBE
Thank you for support!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 12:27:29 PM »

I believed that is link mistake.
Also and if the video is removed by user, occurs at video same error, not only at file not found on YOUTUBE
Thank you for support!

No way.

Follow the youtube link.

It CLEARLY states the video is set to "Private" and you need permission to view it.

You obviously did no investigation before making your wild accusations.

Again.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
rethread
Forums Freshman

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 08:03:39 AM »

sorry about that private video thing.  i just fixed it.

Turn the sound off if u just want to see my visual work, which is the only important thing.... now i listen to it its starting to bug me.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: