Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 01:43:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Flower Power V  (Read 718 times)
Description: Triple Matchmaker Julia set
Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« on: January 04, 2010, 08:37:37 AM »

A Triple Matchmaker Julia set with two attractors. The coloring algorithm used simply applies lighter and darker versions of a shade to alternate iteration bands, and biases the shade further depending on which attractor captures a point. It was actually intended as a "test coloring" that would provide quick one-layer previews of triple matchmaker images while performing "mutational" searches for interesting Julia sets, but in this case it gave nifty, 60s-style psychedelic results and I felt the need to render this fractal with the test coloring. A version with a normal color scheme also exists: Flower Power VI.

This fractal also exploits jittering of the pixel coordinates in combination with antialiasing. The results are superior to and faster than with more aggressive antialiasing but no jitter. Here's a comparison:

Antialiasing only
Weaker antialiasing with jitter

Freely redistributable and usable subject to the Creative Commons Attribution license, version 3.0.

Detailed statistics:

Name: Flower Power V
Date: February 24, 2009
Fractal: Triple Matchmaker Julia set
Location: a = 1.624515347 + 2.017357269i; b = 1; c = 1; d = 0.
Depth: Very Shallow
Min Iterations: 32
Max Iterations: 3735
Layers: 1
Anti-aliasing: 3x3, threshold 0.0, depth 2
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Calculation time: 1 hour (2GHz dual-core Athlon XP)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: