Logo by chaos_crystal - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2024, 06:41:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: No Navigator Window - No Multi-Gen option  (Read 1493 times)
plehmann
Forums Newbie

« on: March 06, 2016, 02:31:13 PM »

I have two versions of Mandelbulber installed under Ubuntu Linux, V 1.15 which was installed with the add program utility under Ubuntu and I also installed V 2.06.  In addition I have V 2.06 installed under Windows Version 10.

In none of the above platforms or versions do I see a "navigator" window which is supposed to allow a faster rendering which can then be transferred to the main rendering window - according to the tutorials I have watched.  I friend of mine also said he has a "Multi-Gen" button that he likes a lot.

I don't know if I have faulty downloads or if the versions I have just do not support what I have mentioned.  Pretty hard to follow tutorials if I don't have the functionality above.  I have tried clicking every button in the program on both platforms but maybe I am just missing something that is there but I can't find it.

Any thoughts or advice?
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 11:29:01 PM »

Navigator window and tutorials, makes me think of Mandelbulb3D software, rather than  Mandelbulber software.  You would not be the first (nor the last) to be confused between the two program names. smiley

plehmann
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 12:21:46 AM »

Man, I feel like a dummy now.  Thanks a lot for clearing this up.  I did not realize there were two programs.  I have been scratching my head for several days.  What a relief.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: