Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 03:37:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Poll
Question: how to add new formulas to the programm ?
s - 0 (0%)
a - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulb 3D add new formulas  (Read 1029 times)
theParasite
Forums Newbie

« on: June 20, 2015, 06:20:30 PM »

Hello guys,

I recently got into Mandelbulb 3D and played around with it a bit and created some nice images from my point of view but over time the existing formulas in the programm got a bit boring and i wanted to add some new ones as is saw pics on the Internet where People used much crazier formulas then the original ones cheesy so i downloaded me some formulas as .zip-file but i cannot figure out how to add them into the Programm :O can someone pls explain it to me ? would be great
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 06:35:49 PM »

Hello guys,

I recently got into Mandelbulb 3D and played around with it a bit and created some nice images from my point of view but over time the existing formulas in the programm got a bit boring and i wanted to add some new ones as is saw pics on the Internet where People used much crazier formulas then the original ones cheesy so i downloaded me some formulas as .zip-file but i cannot figure out how to add them into the Programm :O can someone pls explain it to me ? would be great

Hello and welcome to the forums   afro

If you have Darkbeam's  (Luca's)  formula pack  (the only add-on formulas I know of) just find your initial directory for formulas in the "ini" tab and then put them in there.  They can then be chosen from the drop down menus with all the other formulas  (may need to restart mb3d - I'm not sure).

Hope that helps and have fun with all the new toys!

EDIT:  Just saw the poll attached to this!

Did you accidentally hit the "Post New Poll" button instead of the "Post New Thread" button?

I can't find a way to remove that!  It may be an administrator only permission, or trickier.  I can edit it into something silly if you want, just so it's not a wasted effort   alien

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
theParasite
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 06:45:15 PM »

thx man that helped alot cheesy got the new ones now tongue stuck out and yeah i did that accidently i guess but i try to not let it happen again.
SANDY
Forums Newbie

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 10:48:22 PM »

hello how you i play too mb3D BUT IT S SAME FOR ME
i dont understaind ..where is for put inside new formullas
and how??? i m crazy......
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 11:24:42 PM »

hello how you i play too mb3D BUT IT S SAME FOR ME
i dont understaind ..where is for put inside new formullas
and how??? i m crazy......

the install directory of mandelbulb3d contains a "M3Formulas" folder, this is where the ".m3f" files from the zip archive containing all the formulas should be copied to

what sock described was where to find this complete folder, when mb3d is run you can use the "ini" tab of the main mb3d window to get a list of all directories currently used

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: