Logo by Jimpan1973 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 08:44:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Spirals in Mandelbulb 3d  (Read 5251 times)
Minacious
Forums Freshman

« on: June 18, 2015, 12:50:54 AM »

Anyone familiar with this program able to help move along my request?
I would like to combine random images with 3d spirals. IF that makes sense.

Reference: http://krzysztofmarczak.deviantart.com/art/Mandelbulb-spirals-145403596
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 01:03:13 AM »

the method used on the image can be done in mb3d quite easy it is a power2 mandelbulb, sliced at the x/y plane, but this is all you need, a fractal and slicing it, finding the spiral spots can be done in mb3d 2d browser when clicking on the render window

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Minacious
Forums Freshman

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 01:14:31 AM »

Excellent. Now to familiarize myself with cutting. Did nothing but butcher images previously. Then again, the formulas I use are horrible anyway.

Edit: Thanks for the information.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 01:50:04 AM »

you can use this as a starter, a sliced bulb^2, use standard mb3d copy + open via txt button in mb3d click render, browse in render view with click right/left mousebutton

Mandelbulb3Dv18{
g.....S....O/...w....2...............1.......s1E................................
........................................kz1........A./..................y.2...wD
...Uz6....U/..../M.0/......X....d/....E3.....omEQgisq6rD/..........m/dkpXm1/...U
z.....kD12../..........wz.................................U0.....y1...sD...../..
.z1...sDYsAIxzzzjz1..........WAbUdisqcljRRxgCKosEwnYRydIKa5uzwPN9SaPRGyDFHQlSHA1
Iw1iNMIOip7tzqF/G0ZZtVyDU.....o...............sD.6....sD..G.....................
.............oAnAt1...sD....z...........................................N....k1.
.....Ksulz1.......kz.wzzz1.U..6.P....U5...EB....m....c3....F....6/...I1.....SF52
...U.qFG9yzb2zzzRYoWzz7lz16.pc..zXCc..kvrEtMc7xD6ocyFE0ujz1..........2.28.kFrA0.
.Ub96aAIVz9.1se7Umvxz0........../EU0.wzzz1...........s/...................E.2c..
zzzz.............0...................2./8.kzzzD............8....................
/EU0.wzzz1...................................2CcN/UvNPcveeWCNq0.yRiibHJJUk1f..XR
SvBmx3CcN/UvNPcvQsLsUa3.ibhVi1bTV1OK.sSq4uCly3CcN/UvNPcvMwLsUa3.ibhVinqTV1OK.sSq
4uCkz3CcN/UvNPcv..EsUa3feeWCNqGQIJ36wk8EwyLsUa3f................................
E....2..F2E..........6....EGiFLNbJaQU.pPrJaQ.........................c..........
...................../........zj................................................
................................................................................
........................}
{Titel: Mandelbulb 3D    v1.8.9}

---

Minacious
Forums Freshman

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 03:35:39 AM »

How random (Combining formula) can I be when looking for images like this?
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 11:09:05 AM »

you can use this as a starter, a sliced bulb^2, use standard mb3d copy + open via txt button in mb3d click render, browse in render view with click right/left mousebutton
I never really got into the 3d-mandelbrot-set, didn'T find the shapes appealing. but the combination with slicing adds the 2d beauty. cool!
thx for that starting point. that was fun smiley

and thx minacious for bringing this up..

* mset-metal-cut4aa_low.jpg (240.36 KB, 1920x1440 - viewed 1446 times.)

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 01:08:18 PM »

yay, i like the sliced versions very much, not like heightmapping they add cool structures below, keeping the attractivenes of standard mandelbrot, combined with 3dish look, when using the mandelbrot method be sure to adjust the iteration depth in the formula window as needed

---

Minacious
Forums Freshman

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 05:33:13 PM »

Thank you for the numbers. So much to be done. Sadly it takes days to render a solid image. Here is 256k for you. A.K.A. shit, heh.

* Test15WEB.jpg (250.42 KB, 1920x1440 - viewed 976 times.)
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 06:52:18 PM »

seriously? days?
what computer/cpu are you using?
Mine took about 5 minutes and I rendered it with 7680*5760 to achieve 4*anti aliasing
(you get rid of that pixely noise this way)

edit: try these parameters and paste in that thread how long it took
http://www.fractalforums.com/mandelbulb-3d/recommendations-on-cpu-selection-building-a-rig-dedicated-for-mb3d-rendering/msg84434/#msg84434

Karmic Beats
Forums Freshman

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 02:39:38 AM »

I do not get the same result cutting fractals.  I can get a mandelbrot shape but it is filled in with solid tan color.  No 3d, nothing interesting.  Just a big tan mandelbrot shape.  I could do better in any 2D fractal program.

With the posted parameters I got the same thing.  A big tan mandelbrot shape.  Absolutely nothing of interest, nothing that looks anything like the posted images. cry

At Karmic Beats I provide binaural, isochronic, solfeggio frequencies, ASMR, meditations and meditation advice, free of charge to all who choose to benefit. I put my positive energies into the beats and through them out into the cosmos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrKlawdek
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 10:28:32 AM »

The rowratty default param, also the one by AureliusCat, feature spirals of different kinds.

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 02:11:20 PM »

I do not get the same result cutting fractals.  I can get a mandelbrot shape but it is filled in with solid tan color.  No 3d, nothing interesting.  Just a big tan mandelbrot shape.  I could do better in any 2D fractal program.

With the posted parameters I got the same thing.  A big tan mandelbrot shape.  Absolutely nothing of interest, nothing that looks anything like the posted images. cry

Did you zoom in and poke around the usual areas?

At full zoom it is quite boring, but there is a lot to see by exploring   afro

It takes time to find really interesting spots, as they are not quite the same as in a 2D Mandelbrot, but they are generally the same and a bit of play in the 3D Navigator should reveal the areas you seek.

Good Hunting. 
Smiling Mandelbrot

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 07:33:31 PM »

Also using more iters will help on deeper zooms wink

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 11:22:42 PM »

go try these and "reverse engineer" wink

Mandelbulb3Dv18{
g.....w....o0...w....2....UXumLa2AIUzab8KP3pXFvDukBUhcq0dzvGHml/HlfkzgFJ2GXicYnD
................................socto1aMw/2........A.Ve.................y.2...wD
...Uz6....k2..../M.0/.....kW/...s4....E3.....wDrvFHr6GhD/..........G.dkpXm1/....
y.....kD12../..........wz.................................U0.....y1...sD...../..
.z1...sD6PtGfN4cXvX/dW5BBwEcy4kkqjVj4Tgj4gMt62hM5vnCPyMS/JBoyo7tL0RQ95iDCpUn0VfA
cuXRo9PMyAfsym9cozP5m0hDU.....oW..............sD.6....sD..G.....................
.............oAnAt1...sD....zw1.........................................w....k1.
.....Ksulz1.......kz.YSud5UT.U2.K/...w0...EL....3/...EA...UE....6/...I14...UdFzG
...U.0aZcPCM6/XtqxNoavuZc0..0c..zrhe..EOf5nlcsxj6.Dbqxm4Iz1...........2/8.EBl35.
.o0FIhT67.2.hE2Jv5G0./..........II18xzqN51..jVXFvUAuzuFWMjoLg1wD.Md/JI1AoxP/pElz
5TtN...LVxTtT1yD.yXjDUIN0.2.WRvgcbtszKEA8oDU.06..YKaZ6Aeiz1858nQJ6Tnz.ERpBK.iAwj
/6V0.2FAZ.............klrlkCx9yj.6wTJHz2Vz1..Y4Fm.kChklCrl.lAG4.sMHBsIJ4QjAr.stT
Mt7fa6gYZ/.VcJ2Vj6nMFJ0......sEEdFYA.gH9QgH79R6Ou.k4NQl4Jg3r9nB.Sy5KSCzOqhJG.EV2
DEF7stMSN/.3F./3..ULxoGFwm/r9nho4kXGxkFD8W3r9nho................................
E....2..F2E..........6....EGiFLNbJaQU.pPrJaQ.........................c..........
.....................BnAnAnAnwyj................................................
................................................................................
........................}
{Titel: chillheimer-mset-metal-cut}

Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2015, 11:25:12 PM »

Also using more iters will help on deeper zooms wink
I tried this, but it didn't seem to have any influence.
you mean the iterationsnr in the formula-tab of the 3d-navi, right?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: