END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 07:04:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Update  (Read 849 times)
CantDoMaths
Forums Freshman

« on: June 15, 2015, 08:58:44 PM »

Hey everyone,

Here's an update of progress which I wanted to share with you. I'm curious what you think of it.
Excerpt from my blog:

I have been working practically non-stop with m3d, making lots of progress and with each step I get new streams of ideas. I am focusing on working with photography, using them as textures and lightmaps. Looking for creative ways to make phhotography work with fractals. For example by using backgrounds creatively, or trying to create a fractal around a photograph so that the photo becomes the main focus and the fractal serving as an enhancement of sorts. No example of this yet. Render times are too long but some will be up soon. You can see in the HopIcosa image how I used the background to add to the fractal, turning it into a large landscape feature emphasized by the birds flying past. Besides this I am trying to figure out how to achieve photo-realism or get close to it.

It feels great to be doing this. I love that I can use my own database of photographs to work with. And that I can go out and shoot textures/maps anytime I want. It adds so much creative freedom.

Most of all I can finally create the sort of images I dream up inside my mind. Those fantastical, alien, romantic and grand landscapes I love to get lost in. To express with them my sense of wonder and the challenge of finding ways to harness them so I can share what is inside with my peers and see how it lands.

Below is also a link to a video I made. It was a morphing test.

Hope you enjoyed it! smiley

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4gQUb8oABuQ&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/4gQUb8oABuQ&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 09:14:02 PM by CantDoMaths » Logged
Patryk Kizny
Global Moderator
Fractal Fertilizer

kizny
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 03:02:40 PM »

#1, #5 and the last ones are my favs. Looking very good!

Visual Artist, Director & Cinematographer specialized in emerging imaging techniques.
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 03:24:07 PM »

great progress indeed!
love the rays on nr2
and the "crust"like surface on nr 10... how did you achieve this?

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 08:04:29 AM »

and the "crust"like surface on nr 10... how did you achieve this?

10 is cool. 

CantDoMaths
Forums Freshman

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 07:29:24 PM »

I used a texture map for this effect. I am currently trying out different photographs as textures to see what works. Sadly this one isnt from one of my own photo's. But it worked really well to create a cracked desert floor. I wanted to see if it was possible, and it was. I think wrap 2 in Lighting panel of mandelbulb 3d.

Thanks for all the comments!  smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: